Custom carbonfiber deck | VESCX | 10s 5000mah

Voltage x ah equals watt hours. Watt hours is energy. Energy is range. U can get to greater range adding either

you should to consider software too.

? #10characters

That is not correct. More mah means more range if the voltage stays the same: a 6S battery with 5Ah will have half the range than a 6S battery with 10Ah. If you also increase voltage however it becomes just like @Hummie said: the total watt hours are what is important for range. Meaning with 12S 5Ah you will not only double the range compared to a 6S 5ah but also the speed. This is all neglecting any real world losses however.

I know its hard to estimate but do you think x4 5000mah batteries wired in parallel and then in series(or in other way around idk which better) would get me 15-20KM range and 35-45KM/H speed @evoheyax. @SirDiff. @TarzanHBK. @ajaynagra.

Thanks.

You can’t wire the same batteries in parallel AND series. Just stick to the roufh estimation of 10Wh gives 1km.

I mean wire 2in serises and two in parrellel

so if you choose these 5s 5000mah x 4 - 2 in parallel to get 10000mah and then 2 parallel packs in series to get 10s 10Ah. = 370Wh = estimated 37km (depends on your motors, gearing, weight) but you should get 30km if you´re not crazy fat :wink:

Thanks. No im not im 54kg​:joy::joy:

1 Like

Do you think two of these will get the range of 20KM

and wich one should is hook them up in series or parrellel. Thanks. @Maxid @Hummie @Blasto @SirDiff @evoheyax @ajaynagra @onloop.

you can calculate this yourself. we told you the formula. I will not spoon feed you.

Probably. Figure the watt hours. 8x (let’s say 50 because it’s simpler)= 400watthours. I’ve done 8ah at 12s and done 20miles easily.

Series or parellel

Thanks so much guys u helped allot. Acording to my calcuations ill get 17.7KM which is alright. Stay tuned for a build​:joy::joy::sweat_smile::innocent::wink:.

I have two of these exact batteries in series and get between 21-25km around town, on flat ground, riding moderately aggressive. I’m 80-85kg fully loaded, and this is on a dual 6355, 230kv, 14/36 belt drive, on 83mm wheels. Hth.

So ill probaly get a bit more weighing less and on 1 motor. Thanks what vesc do you use and what do u mean mideratly aggresive.

I’m actually running dual Torqueboards 12s esc’s. VESC might be more efficient and get better range, but I haven’t used one yet.

And by moderately aggressive riding, I mean generally cruising around town, but accelerating hard and doing 25-30+ mph speed bursts whenever I can. Half cruising, half racing, I guess. I definitely got a couple extra miles out of riding slower and more conservatively.