Custom E-Boards.. Where can i buy?

Do you know how you’re going to deal with the flexibility of the penny deck? I stepped on one in the once and the thing nearly bent in half.

This seems to be the most accomplished build thus far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vd6_RAdpKE Great achievement but Extremely bulky. Hoping for a more Blink board esque profile if possible. Again range is less of an issue. Happy with 4miles give or take.

I have no idea. I have some structural resin i could fill in the gaps on the bottom with and see what that does. Carbon fiber might work as well. GIANT STEEL BEAMS.

I don’t know. How will i mount the drive pulley? how will i mount the motor? how will i fit the cells, receiver, bms, and vesc in there?

Its all very insane and skatan compels me.

If i can’t do it I’ll send back the board and eat the parts. Game on.

4 Likes

I just watched that youtube and added it to one of my playlists. Hard to tell what he’s got under there sicne he doesn’t show it but that’s an SK3 for sure hanging off the back. That’s probably the best way to get any amount watt hours on a penny. I’d probably go with a similar motor and a 12mm belt dive, probably an older Enertion bolt through type drilled through the wheel with the bolts countersunk into the urethane on the outside so it looks nice.

custom 18 or 26650 pack for sure because space is limited. 8 26650s would probably do it for 3 to 4 miles if i can find some high capacity ones. That’s maybe enough for a slurpee run. Hell it might even give a boosted a run if i can squeeze 12 A123s on there.

I’ll PM you my email address and we can pick this up there.

1 Like

@longhairedboy for inspiration:

He uses carbon tubing for rigidity.

2 Likes

You could consider a stiff wood deck. There’s many available in a small size and you can also cut a penny style board out of a old skateboard deck. It would be stiff already for batteries and you can make it a little wider for comfort and to fit more cells.

1 Like

Dude, @longhairedboy, you need your own show. Like one of those custom motorcycle/hot rod building shows, but for ESk8 nerds.

And for stiffness, how about running some steel or aluminum square tubing from truck to truck, along most of the length of the board and secure it on either end with the truck bolts. The tubing would double as risers, and could possibly be used as wire channels, if necessary.

5 Likes

I would watch. That show would be kickass. If you had tubing through the center how would you put in an 18650 battery pack? you would have to work around the aluminum tube I guess?

Looks like Carvon just released a new complete setup! http://www.carvonskates.com/store/p37/CARVON_EMCX_--_Electric_Mini_Cruiser_with_Extended_Wheelbase.html

Hub motors instead also? 15mph would be the absolute max speed for this particular project. Although it has to carry 210lbs

1 Like

I’m still not sold on the dependability of single drive hubs necessarily, I just feel like a single drive hub wouldn’t be able to supply the power output necessary. Even dual hubs seem to have their issues sometimes. Never tried Carvon though, would be interested in testing it out. Maybe I’m wrong?

that penny board reminds me of when people used to put big block V8 motors in Chevy Vegas and Ford Pintos.

1 Like

i like how you call them custom eboards, can’t wait till there are requests for Bespoke Racing E-boards! :sunglasses:

at 210 you want all the torque you can get i would think. I say belt drive with a fat chrome motor.

i like the tube idea. That could work.

Great idea. If possible maybe place the steel or aluminium tubing in the same place as the carbon tubes but catch them at the ends with a bracket that is secured by the trucks.

OP, @longhairedboy is your only (and a very good) option. He does solid work, up your budget it will be worth it. Email him, I’m doing my purchase from him. I had a belt drive board from him, not sure if you have seen my videos but its the fastest E board I was ever on with a never ending range. My next build will be a hub motor one from him that will likely be the fastest on flats out of any board on this forum. I’m waiting for the new carvons and hoping those are hub motor game changers, carvon usually releases solid stuff from what I hear. But at your weight consider a dual rear or dual diagonal belt drive. You can discuss with him, I had two 6355 r spec, I think a dual diagonal 6374 may even be more insane.

Oh and I should mention post purchase support is top notch.

2 Likes

Instead of a penny board consider a landyachtz tugboat. They have 4 different graphics, it is MUCH better quality than penny boards with real trucks and better quality wheels. The deck is wider and slightly longer than a penny board, it doesn’t flex so it’s better for E-boards. You will like it better than a penny, and it will give LHB a lot more room to work with. The penny boards are consider crap boards among real longboarders. if you want something as small as a penny, they also have a landyachtz dinghy, but I’d do tugboat. http://landyachtz.com/boards

1 Like

but do you have any idea how fast this board would be? http://www.sunsetskateboards.com/index.php/skateboards/completes/sunset-lifeguard-skateboard-with-red-flare-led-wheels.html

its not only red… ITS GLOWING TRANSLUCENT RED.

3 Likes

Good point. Probably could crush the tube till it’s basically flat along the middle of the board. Or maybe bend or weld the tube to follow the edges of the board more closely and double as a lip carry handle, leaving the middle open for components/enclosure.

Hey @longhairedboy - i knew i’d seen that board in the youtube video you linked…

Took a second, but there’s a pretty detailed build log by @galp on ES: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=81642&p=1201002 (I know… I’m awesome.)

Some great CNC and custom fab for this tiny little board!

Best of luck with this build! I’ll definitely follow.

1 Like