Custom Evolve Carbon GT(10S5p 30Q)(Dual FocBox)(Bluetooth BMS)

Cant you just put the board in pairing mode by holding down the buttokm for a few seconds?

Yeah, but the board won’t accept a pair request until it power cycles. I have since learned I think my power switch may actually have an issue where it disconnects sometimes on bumps

3 Likes

Is your switch actually physically pushed in still when the board dies and you need to cycle it? You may have a different issue separate from the switch.

Yes 10 char

I would check all the cells on the hidden menu of your remote and make sure they are all draining equally. Hit up evolve if you are having trouble finding the switch and just order from them.

I feel like something else is shutting your board down. I have only had the board shutdown with the switch in like that when I crashed and hit something really hard

EDIT: Open up the deck lid and ensure that all you’re connections are good and not being smashed. When my deck cracked initially, I found evolve had pinched my motor wires(ESC side) in between the heat sync and the deck…

Longest ride yet. Mostly on GT mode. Riding on the 7 inch evolve AT wheels/tires. Quite a few steep climbs. The last few miles were on eco. I could have squeezed out that extra .9 miles but didn’t wanna walk back :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly I have to wait for it to charge before I can go back out :frowning:

Yeah, that’s exactly why more boards is moar better.

3 Likes

Ive solved a few of my evolve problems by disconnecting things and reconnecting them, lol. I had a “batt drain” error that mept coming back randomly. Unplugged the bms and a few other connectors thrn reassembled and itnhasnt been back since. Basic, but mayne worth a try?

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys Actually, this is going to sound funny, but all of my Evolve disconnection problems have completely gone away by FIRMLY and in one continuous motion pressing the power button to turn it on. Yeah, you read that right. When you turn it on, press the power switch firmly and in one fluid motion. It seems it was rattling and momentarily disconnecting whilst riding I guess… Maybe something inside wasn’t seating correctly? I don’t know

I mean the disconnection problems that cause you to lose brakes/throttle until a power-cycle, not when the displayed battery level goes away shortly. That seems harmless as the throttle and brake still work

2 Likes

I have had that same battery error issue, and fixed it the same way LOL. Once it was due to the remote randomly switching to V1 speed controller mode in the settings.

Got the 107mm’s on today :heart_eyes: . They look and ride amazing. Still not as smooth as pneumatics, but still a great inbetweener. They roll for days. They are HUGE. Look at them next to the AT wheels.

ps: yes I use my automotive lift to work on my esk8 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How are you doing with the fires? I live east of SF - the smoke is still pretty bad down here

Dude I literally almost had my house burned down this last week. It’s been really rough. Fire was less than a mile from my home. My parents entire neighborhood is burned down, except their house and two others. They were really lucky their house made it.

My neighborhood was luckily not hit, but it was really close to me. They evacuated everywhere around me, and I had to stay up all night Monday-Thursday fending off looters/waiting to hear if the fire was blowing/heading towards me. Water here has been unsafe to drink until today(finally cleared) and I just finally got my power back this last Saturday, and my gas got turned back on today.

It’s been a wild ride man BUT, I am safe, and so is everyone in my family. My house, and my parents house remain unburned and that is all I can really ask for in a situation like this. Thanks for asking, and I hope you’ve been safe during this whole crazy situation too.

2 Likes

That’s really depressing :frowning: Glad to hear you made it out well.

Thank you

People are definitely shitty. Luckily we are well armed here in my house, but we didn’t have too many run ins. Only chased off a few people/cars. A few cars and people on foot rolled through(past midnight) and I could just tell they were scouting for evacuated houses… disgusting…

But for every shitty person during this catastrophe there’s been 100 good people to offset it. The amount of help and assistance offered from people here,from people all over the country, people from everywhere, has been awesome to see.

3 Likes

Nice build, looks great! I am going to try to follow this for my own Carbon GT - I gotta have that range with the AT tires. Do you think the build would be easier if I just made it a 10s4p battery build in order to not have to relocate the evolve bsm? Maybe that’d create enough space for it?

Yea going 10s4p will be half the work(at the expense of 20% less range). 10s4p should fit with room to spare

Awesome - I’ll even attempt that motor upgrade. If I go the 10S4p route though do you think the 200kv motors would need a cooling upgrade for the bsm, if I don’t relocate it?

No the bms doesn’t get hot at all. The esc gets hotter than before(because the old crappy battery couldn’t maintain the amperage the the 30q’s can). But it hasn’t been a problem for me yet.The exposed heat sync does a pretty good job imo.

I had my Bamboo GT through the same process, I went with a 10s4p with Samsung 25r, I thought I was going to get far more acceleration and power but at the end it was exactly the same as a brand new bamboo GT.

The restriction wasn’t on the battery but in the ESCs