Custom Made Board, what can $600 get me?

Hey all! I’m pretty new here so give me some grace if i don’t know what I’m talking about:sweat_smile: Now to get straight into it I have here a custom deck I made myself, it ain’t perfect in any way (cause its my first) but I think it’ll work for me now. I got the Cal II 44° RKP Longboard Trucks and they look damn dope to me on that board (not currently attached). Soooooo I’m looking to make into a electric skateboard, I’ve been researching a crap load that last few weeks and I’m quite overwhelmed tbh. Originally I was going to go all Mboard stuff but then I decided to do a quick search on here and found that they aren’t the most reliable, so then I went on to see if I could find what I was looking for and there is a crap load of stuff out there and I’m not quite sure which is the best for me!? So I just wanted share with ya’ll my custom board and ask: I already have the board, trucks and wheels, can I do a decent build for around $500-$600? I want to do a single belt driven motor cause that will suit my needs plenty for now. Thanks to all that have read this far cause it’s kinda long:joy: And thanks for any help!

Send pictures of the parts you currently have.

Add mounts from @Boardnamics Maybe use a flipsky plus vesc

3 Likes

Yeah sorry about that, it took awhile to upload. I was planning on putting these on the main post but posted it too quick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: IMG_2669 IMG_2672 IMG_2674 IMG_2675 IMG_2677 IMG_2679

6 Likes

@Boardnamics motor mount 25$, for motors get a 6374 buildkitboard from @JLabs 140$, get a single vesc from @torqueboards 85$,and a battery you can get from @thisguyhere or @psychotiller 250-350, depending on how much range you want. it totals to about 500-600$

8 Likes

Wow thanks so much! I am looking into all those. I will definitely keep posting pictures as I build!

1 Like

There’s a lot of more motors you can choose from but a 6374 is a good option, preferably 150-190kv for a single drive

1 Like

Yup that’s what I was originally gonna go for (190kv 6374) I just didn’t know a decent place to get em. Along with that I wanted a VESC but also was overwhelmed by how many different kinds there are

So I’m just now seeing the Idler Tensioner on @Boardnamics motor mount, would that be good to have for a few extra bucks?

1 Like

They are for tensioning and they are a good addition

1 Like

You can get a flipsky 4.12 vesc on aliexpress for only $50 which is half the price of the @torqueboards one and if you’d like i could build you a battery for the cost of the cells and bms +$50-$75 for labor. I used @Boardnamics mounts in this relatively cheap drivetrain i built in this YouTube video

3 Likes

That too, your choice, just giving some recommendations

1 Like

I’m loving it you guys are all so helpful, especially for a noob like me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Remember to include the costs of an enclosure and your belt drive system. Again psychotiller has some nice enclosures which you can bundle up if you purchase a battery from him. Those look like ABEC cores? so a pulley system like this one from torqueboard should be something you should research into. https:///products/36t-abec-pulley-combo-kit There are cheaper versions such as 3D printed versions from DIY vendors but this is good start point if you are looking at purchasing from torqueboards. I assume you know what specifications you want from your board but just in case use the links below to calculate your whole setup.

http://calc.esk8.it/

https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

Yup and I totally forgot to mention I already have an ABEC pulley system on the way so we’re good there.

2 Likes

You could always use plastic sandwhich boxes for the enclosure

What Pulley system did you order?

1 Like

The @MBoards abec pulley system, probably overpriced but not the end of the world for me

1 Like

Mboards is pretty sketchy

1 Like

Do not buy a battery from him, many members on the forum have had problems with him