Custom urethane parts manufacturing of your ideas

This is more of a selfish kinda request… but can I bug you to cast me some 92.5a APS barrel and cone bushings in Pantone 3242 C? Gotta get that color game on.

I want my bushings to match those rise and shine diamond risers I’m rocking. The stock ones from Avenue (in this pic) are way too soft to be any useful to me.

1 Like

WoW, that is selfish!!! :slight_smile: Custom color runs are very expensive since it is difficult to get the color right the first time. The urethane natural color is a bit of an off white depending on the duro and formulation so you need to compensate for that influence plus you need to pour 19 pairs at a time on our smallest Barrel mold and 24 pairs on the Cone mold. We are talking hundreds of dollars to do something like that. Happy to do it but it will be charged as time and materials.

6 Likes

Ehh, anybody here looking for 92.5a tiffany bushings?

5 Likes

…je…je… starting a group buy, eh @PredatorBoards ?

hahahaha, you gotta make a kickstarter page for your color choices dude, sorry, lol

2 Likes

This reminds me… I know something you don’t currently have @Alphamail roques/riot plugs/kingpin hole bushings. Whatever you wanna call them.

They work well for emulating precision trucks.

3 Likes

@Deckoz, we make “Kores” as an alternative for sphericals that Don’t Trip uses https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fkb-com6/overview/ They fit Precision Rogues but not cast Rogues if my memory serves me correctly. Here they are: http://www.riptidesports.com/spherical-bushings-1/

1 Like

OK, here is where @scepterr and I are at currently with what we are calling the Tunnel Riser. We are open to alternate names and we would like to gauge interest on the numbers we should make as well as colors. The material will be the same 60d translucent urethane that we use for our PSD FootStops that has a well documented and proven track record in durability! The riser takes about the same amount of material as the FootStops which retail for $20.00 each but we will likely offer them here for less at least initially. Please let us know your thoughts!

15 Likes

Quantity Interest

0 voters

Color Interest

• Black
  • Purple
  • Red
  • Green
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Blue

0 voters

Color Sample

2 Likes

wolud there be a matching front shockpad?

You could use the same in front even without motors up there, you can use the channels for routing lighting wires as well

@Alphamail will have to confirm but I can’t imagine it’s any cheaper making an additional solid one, if anything would keep prices up for both

1 Like

Running two of the same would be the best. A solid one would be more expensive to pour as well as make the extreme high res 3d plugs we use (see picture). Quantity will definitely bring the cost down because with a short run product, you need to amortize the multiple 3d’s (6 of them to maximize our mold base dimensions), the tooling compound (this adds up to around $1,000.00 for the first mold) to make the mold and the cost of running 6 parts per lot and oven curing them for 16 hours. The higher commitment here, the cheaper the parts can be!

4 Likes

I want some tunnel risers. 4, 8, or maybe 12 depending how long it takes for them to come to fruition. I have a couple builds in progress now. Great job @Alphamail and @scepterr!!!

3 Likes

Once we have an indication of overall interest and decide if it makes sense to do, we can have production available in less than a month. Color can be somewhat custom since we pour 6 at a time! I find it interesting that Black is leading the charge!

2 Likes

Don’t want to speak for anyone, but I think many would be interested in side panels where you can sit the bulet connectors. Otherwise great looking shockpad!

2 Likes

The idea, atleast on my part, is that it’s more universal, can use different bullet sizes, different angles, can be used purely for routing wires not just holding bullets You could hardwire motor to vesc with no connections in between

3 Likes

Not related to the current discussion about the risers but I think it might be quite interesting to have urethane bumper guards :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We have made Lexan ones that performed beautifully! They can survive a runaway curb hit of over 30 mph

6 Likes

Ohh, wait a second. It IS related to risers. Cable eRisers with bumper guards? Sick :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ones I made were only .250" thick and could take a major impact. When damaged, you just moved them a hole or two forward and cut or sanded down the damaged part

3 Likes