Custom urethane parts manufacturing of your ideas

Just build the female 4mm bullet connectors into the riser, molded into the polyurethane … ?

1 Like

I wouldn’t want anything in the riser, just the channels, up to 12awg*3 and sensor wire on each side. Maybe also channel coming out the front for lighting wires Add your own desired bits to empty riser

1 Like

this was my thought too scepy, although there is one more obscure thing I would like :wink:

1 Like

Deck long vibration dampening pad ? :yum:

4 Likes

Well I need some new bath plugs

1 Like

Welcome Brad, happy to see your offering. Are you able to make multi layers objects ? With variable Duro.

Edit : Nevermind I think I got a way. I’ll PM you :wink:

1 Like

nah

a riser pad with cable routing makes uber sense. by bringing the motor wires closer to the trucks pivot point it reduces degridation on the motor wires. It is also clean aesthetically & practically if you use big wheels you almost always have to use a riser with a regular skate deck. make it generic, offer a couple of duros, one for maple one for CF… you have the market covered and could become the preferred choice…

but… If someone made Moe some thane bushings his three link trucks would be the fastest eSk8 trucks/board on the planet… on cracked dirt the dude did 57mph on rubber bushings. The best the competition can do is 59mph on a airfield. And it wasn’t like he needed the run up he never topped out… I’m not making excuses but pointing out fact, he did that with flat batteries, with out any help one or two more runs Moe has it in the bag, he has so much power to spare… but dialed in thane bushings would add to what he is doing.

:checkered_flag: Stooge RaceBoards for the W :checkered_flag:

9 Likes

Riptide. I love your stuff.

Please restock your site on drop through back plate 105s lol.

1 Like

This is gonna be an epic thread…

2 Likes

This might be a very good application for us to make a one piece channeled riser, I like the idea and at first blush it seems doable with our existing processes. I can sketch a 3d model to see if I have the correct requirements.

5 Likes

@Cobber, I definitely think we can help @MoeStooge with heim joint bushings

4 Likes

@Deckoz we just redesigned it and will have it soon

4 Likes

Oh hey builders, Riptide makes some rad footstops too that the downhill world really loves. I was weary of them thinking I was going to trip over it when stepping off or it was going to get in the way but honestly, it’s perfect. Like a nice comprise between a full set of big foot straps and a naked deck. You can position it right where your most comfortable stance is and never look down again to find it. I can slide my foot up to it and I know right where I am on my giant 42 inch deck…in the same spirit I went out and bought a rear-view mirror for my helmet so now I don’t have to look down, or backwards…lol And my daughter says I ride like I have eyes on the back of my head now, lol…

It’s super low profile, non-obtrusive and does what you think it does…I was very skeptical but I’m sold on the idea…

2 Likes

add… SOOOO glad to see more skateboard companies in this game, lol… I think someone was talking about that around here…

1 Like

@scepterr is this what you had in mind?

8 Likes

What is the depth of those channels? and can I have two at 3/4 inch please? lol

1 Like

oh man, if you guys are thinking of doing risers, a set of nice wedges in a shock absorbing Sorbothane or something would be sick!! like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 degrees…like in a little angle tuning kit like Kiro has but a full riser like that above ^

2 Likes

Angled risers are not the best way to wedge or de-wedge since as the angle increases, the fastener spacing diminishes and the fasteners are left to deal with an abnormal clamping angle. It is better to choose trucks with adjustable base plate angles like Don’t Trip trucks: https://www.dtskate.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1963

As for asking a riser pad to act as a shock absorber, you end up with a riser pad that does not do either function you are asking it to do very well. As a mount, it is loose and flexible so it is not a good mount and as a shock absorber, it is limited in it ability to do so since it needs to keep the truck stable and transfer the angular turning input from the deck so it squishes when you turn and your mounting hardware is now tight in one side and loose on the other. Shock and vibration should be addressed elsewhere, not the truck mount.

4 Likes

6mm deep, 20mm wide

.75" thick version, 6mm x 20mm channels

2 Likes