Cwazy's DIY Build- 12s4p - dual 6355 - EVO-ish deck - 6shooters - MBS - FOXBOX

I’m really not sure, I’ll know more this weekend and I’ll let you know.

yeah definitely let me know. I have a feeling that the 40 degree weather outside also does not help with range right now.

3 Likes

A picture of our ‘group ride’ at work on our way to a lunch meeting!

Comparison of ride height of a Evolve GTX on 107s. Really quite impressive considering everything the gtx has including the drop through mount, thin deck, etc.

And a new thumb throttle I designed to increase the throw range of the nano remote. Will post a thingiverse link once the design is finalized. Its awesome. I’ll tell ya that and its a direct swap. No glue, just the same friction fit as the OEM thumb throttle part.

9 Likes

Build looks sick! Can’t wait to try out that improved thumb throttle!

Here it is! Fits even better and is quite refined now!

2 Likes

And one more for my 6shooters. This is to replace running one versa pulley side opposite to space the pulley away from the wheel.

3 Likes

That’s cool, I just use washers and/or nuts but I’ll try this.

3 Likes

yeah, it just distributes the force evenly and prevents any warping in the teeth

3 Likes

I spent some time truing the hubs and also making sure everything was in alignment and not generating much friction today before going for a 4mile ride.

temp: ~45 distance: 4miles terrain: 80% pavement 20% grass and dirt. mostly flat with a few low grade hills <7% pressure in wheels: 50psi

Start battery percent 100% End battery percent: 87% Average speed: 15mph

2 Likes

Ordered some of these wheel balance beads…

http://amzn.to/2Af01dU

Lets see how they perform. For 6$, these should go a long way.

that’s a real creative name you’ve got there :joy:

hahah I know. I try really hard sometimes.

Well, I realized that with the big ole 6" wheels, the board cannot rest against a wall without potentially rolling down it.

So here is my fix for that

2 Likes

Will fit boards with a tail shape under 95mm(L) x 25mm(W) x 10mm(H)

It rained most of the weekend here, plus trying to sell.some property so I was covered up all weekend. I’m off Thursday and Friday, so I’m hoping I can get some data then.

1 Like

Just let me know when you get some data points! no rush, its awful weather here as well.

1 Like

well… the beads did jack shit and made the vibrations worse… I tried 2 grams and then 4.5 grams. Neither worked.

Been ripping around on the non rainy days, meaning wet leaves and puddles on trails. Needed a solution for fenders. Reached out to a few people including @whitepony to ask how they designed theirs. Couldn’t utilize exactly how others have done it, but I managed to design my own that allows for perfect fit by clamping onto the caliber truck!

tiny image hosting

Perfect pressure fitted ring onto caliber truck, but with a grub screw underneath as well just to really lock it down.

Printed in PLA. Will post a thingi link as soon as I get the rear wheels designed and made. Currently only have finished up the front wheel designs.

4 Likes

Final iteration of the fenders for caliber hangers on 6shooters.

8 Likes

And here is the thingiverse file for now.

I will be making some changes to the file in a few days but for now its usable. Just be aware that if you pop off a curb slowly, you’ll rip off the fender part because the ground clearance at the lowest point is ~2 inches. Gives really great protection to the bottom of the board.

1 Like