Daily Driver (Chinese build) - Dual Winning W4 83mm Hub motors / DIY 12S Modular (?) Battery / VESC

Mostly because Chinese vendors sell either 11S either 13S BMS… no 12S option… or only a 12S36V option, which they say is not compatible with a 12S 44.4V Li ion, even though the board seems pretty similar

But anyway, I prefer a Suppower BMS that you guys know, to a random one with incomplete specs sold by very incompetent vendors, so I’ll follow your advice and get the Suppower 12S !

Still waiting for Suppower’s answer… I’ll keep you updated.

Any updates on the build, i am very interested how the VESC and the hub motors perform

Little updates yes,

• I nearly set my office on fire by dissassembling cells from an old pack (no actual fire, just a few sparks), I’ll be more careful from now on and will avoid soldering lithium cells on the 14th floor of an office building that is not equipped for lithium fires…

• I tried to make a slot in the Benchwheel board for the electronic enclosure and ended up ruining it (Glad I ordered another board) :

• Suppower has answered and yes, they deliver in China : I am going to order the 100A BMS as my motors are rated at 1800W each, which at 44.4V would be 40.5A, so just over 80A for the 2 motors. I don’t really know if that logic is even right so feel free to correct me.

• Received different project boxes, I’ll see what will work as an electronic enclosure, and see what space I would need for a 12S2P + BMS + 2 VESCs

• Cells arrived from the factory and… wait, this packaging method can’t be safe… right ?

• Finally, the new board arrived, and wow, I love love the old school look on the top (transparent griptape), the little kicktail is exactly what I was searching for (i miss manuals). The wheel base is very short compared to the 2 previous boards I had, closer to a trickboard than a longboard. It is thick and stiff, can’t wait to ride it, can’t wait to ride it… (feel free to make any comment about that sentence…)

1 Like

Seems like you cant wait to ride it :wink:

Hope you and your office is okay aswell

Seems like you almost have all your parts, enjoy building!

Also do you know how to speak/write mandarin?

Ah sorry, my chinese is pretty limited, I am learning though, but I have a Chinese girlfriend that helps me a lot on Taobao

Oh ok thats cool.

Do you know if those batteries are actually samsung, did you get them from taobao or work?

I got them from work, I think they are real samsung ones since our products have a reputation to have a very good battery life, I’ll try a discharge test with an iMax charger and we’ll see…

Ok great, i was looking on Taobao for VESCs did you buy the maytech one? it looks good in pictures

Yeah, bought two, I posted some pictures above if you need (not the best quality), I am no VESC expert but if you have specific tests you want me to run or other questions, i’ll be glad to help

Im talking to Maytech they are nice people, im thinking about buying a couple of VESCs aswell

I found some nice project boxes if you want different ones

Yeah why not !

PM sent :slight_smile:

I heard maytech vescs are kinda bad…

I am not sure, has anyone ever used them

I don’t think anyone ever bought them though

@elkick should have tried one

I have one since 2 month, no problem

OMG… thanks. I’ll try to confirm this !