DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

Cutout in the enclosure with plug for it :slight_smile: We did same for vesc 4.12 enclosure :slight_smile: Was working wonderfuly :slight_smile:

I still have a weak spot for the blue squares. They may not be very useful, but I still like them. In fact, I don’t think vertical space is a problem. I’d rather hit the horizontal space limitations first when trying to make the numbers bigger. I think we need a different font. The simple one used for the speed could work well.

Can you make it such that it’s water resistant? The VESC is typically sitting in the battery enclosure so that’s different.

1 Like

I believe he’s referring to a top mount case for mtb/trampa decks. If so they are pretty exposed and taje a beating off road

i really. really want one of these

@janpom can your code run on different screen sizes? Like 1.5 2.0 2.2 if the screen is same design like the 2.0 and 2.2 above that have the same model name? Or is it specific to the pixel count of the screen. Sorry I know nothing about how arduino outputs to screens.

the important thing for the screen to arduino is probably just the pixel count. the sizes of the screen dont really matter.

Larger ILI9225 displays should work out of the box, but the pixel count is important. The picture would be aligned top left and there would be some empty space on the right and at the bottom. Smaller displays wouldn’t work. At best, the picture would be trimmed.

However, the code is fairly modular and the display routines are decoupled from the rest of the code in the vega_display module. Supporting any other display (even other than ILI9225) is a matter of re-implementing those 12 routines. Supporting larger/smaller ILI9225 displays then requires only relatively small code adjustments.

@lrdesigns Any progress on adjusting your enclosure for the 2.0" display? I would love to try it out.

Updating FW without even taking it off the board. :sunglasses:

DSC01617

DSC01618

3 Likes

Let me grab some :coffee: and have a look. Just needed to get a few free minutes at work. I guess I need to upload to thingiverse so you can download it?

1 Like

Cool! Re sharing the files, do whatever works best for you. I’m flexible.

OK I updated it based on the 2.0" drawing you provided. I hope it fits, not 100% sure it will yet. I removed the side holes, you can just drill some holes where its most convenient. Modeled the bottom part now too.

I don’t suggest everyone download it yet as it has not been test fitted. But the 3D is here.

5 Likes

Great, thanks a lot! I’ll ask a friend to print it for me and will get some acrylic in the meantime. Can you please tell me the dimensions of the nuts and bolts?

I’m thinking that maybe the bottom plate could have the deck mounting holes inside rather than outside. You would mount the bottom plate to the deck first and only then cover it and secure with bolts. Anyway, the current is great for a test print and I can always do some cutting and drilling on it.

M3 Socket head, 25mm long. To be used with nylock nuts. There is an issue though with 25mm they stick out a little and 20mm is too short. I need to adjust the design so it fits a standard size.

Actually that is a good idea. :+1: I put two M4 counter sunk holes on the inside for direct mounting to the deck. I updated thingieverse.

1 Like

Wondering, why the enclosure lays flat? why the enclosure design doesn’t count the fact that the rider will be positioned away on a diagonal visual posture, and the horizontal positioned screen (over the front truck plate) will not facilitate an easy read.

New%20Project(3)

Why not a slanted design? An enclosure with diagonal profile… :point_up_2:

4 Likes

How far apart can the 2 pcb’s be? I’m not a fan of the chunky look, I’d like to have a slim display with the brains elsewhere if possible…

2 Likes

why not to safe the falt designe for all us who have a mountenboard and just use angled riser for those who want to mount it with an angle. It´s even more easy to print and exchange it to different grades.

4 Likes

This. I’d still use it either way. But slim would be nice

4 Likes

+1

Either screen slim or as I said before a much smaller screen with a button to cycle through options. I can’t speak for others but I don’t personally need to see all of the information all of the time.

1 Like