DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

ShIpPiNg Is AbSolUtEly FREEEEEEEE

2 Likes

Do people named dave get a discount?

2 Likes

Yeah for Dave’s it’s 800 without shipping… :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I’m happy to offer 10% discount off the Dave premium package to all Daves. If you order at least two, you get free shipping world wide.

5 Likes

Uh oh, Dave is gonna become the most popular name in the forum just to get the discount.

-Dave

3 Likes

Sounds like a spooky sale :joy:. None of this is lost on me haha

So I assembled one…

IMG_1455

aaaaand…

It works! Yay!

IMG_1456

16 Likes

Yep. I want. Must have.

1 Like

I’m just considering the best investment: carvon or Dave premium :thinking:

6 Likes

What a question…

Dave premium of course

It turns out the PCB mounting holes are a perfect fit for M2 bolts. I thought that was a bug since the holes in the display’s PCB are for M3 bolts. But… there’s a very little space right to the display and the head of an M3 bolt doesn’t fit there while a M2 bolt fits perfectly. I’m not sure if we can make any good use of that. Just FYI enclosure design team. @mmaner @lrdesigns @moon

IMG_1457

IMG_1458

6 Likes

Im just about done with a tentative mode, trying to get some renders now.

3 Likes

Flatter than Kate Hudson please.

6 Likes

Just as an idea, maybe you can implement a pop up in case there is a fault code. Something like a red bar in the top or the down where the fault is written and will appear only in case there is a fault. I know we limited by the display, so maybe there is some other kind of indication we can think about. I don’t know so much faults but it would be nice to have something as min for drv fault and abs over current.

4 Likes

This is my initial version, I already see some changes I want to make but I think its good for a test run.

MM%20vega%20lcd%20monitor%20v02%20case%20102518%20-%2001 MM%20vega%20lcd%20monitor%20v02%20case%20102518%20-%2002 MM%20vega%20lcd%20monitor%20v02%20case%20102518%20-%2003

1.  There is a base plate that can be used to mount over X-Braces, in case anyone wants it.  
2.  I am using passthrough columns to mount the electronics to the case using a 2mm hex head screw on top and bolt on the bottom, preferably with a rubber washer between the nut and PCB.  This keeps  aspace between the electronics and the deck, hopefully minimizing damage, and can be used for a neoprene pad or such.
3.  I am using 1in coarse thread wood screws to mount the case to the deck, preferably a philips or hex version.  I'll go looking and see what specific screws I can find once I have a test piece printed.
4.  There are 3 buttons on the side, Im assuming using standard 4.5mm momentary push buttons mounted to the inside of the case and the the printed buttons being glued to them during the assembly.
5.  I have included a 1.5mm lexan/polycarbonate screen protector.  I have no clue where to get that, but I can probably cut a few at work if they are difficult to source.

Everything, other than the electronics and screws, is printable including the columns and base plate. Thh base plate should probably be cut from aluminum, but I doubt an ABS or Nylon version would be much worse.

10 Likes

That looks pretty neat! I should get a 3D printer. I just have to think of some good arguments for my wife that we need one. I’m afraid that “I need to print a case for a gadget for my eMTB” wouldn’t do.

5 Likes

They you need the printer for Dave. I‘m sure she will understand that :relieved:

2 Likes

Sex toys, just make sure you putty spray and fine grit sand them before use. Otherwise… ribbed, for her pleasure.

3 Likes

If you only plan to make cases, why not get a loyal Dave follower to print some for you?