DC to DC converter

Does anyone know where these things are available? The channel hasn’t responded to any requests for where to get one from anyone who asked, so I’m not bothering. Hoping to disassemble and revive an unbalanced battery. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Where to get one what? Also what country are you in if you dont mind me asking?

1 Like

Sorry for not being specific. I was talking about the DC to DC converter he was using. And you live in New Zealand.

1 Like

Was watching a bit of that youtube video. I suggest starting with a voltage slightly higher than the cell you’re trying to recover rather than hitting it with the full 4.2v, especially if you have a DC DC converter that doesnt have current limiting. And ALWAYS take any information given on youtube with a grain of salt. I’m no expert but even I have caught them giving out bad information.

The other advice I have is never trust the maximum amp rating of small DC to DC converters, its more like wishful thinking. When they say 4 amps, in the real world you should probably stay at 2 amps or less to avoid overheating. And with some of the DC converters I have the voltage will wander a bit when they get too hot.

Having said that, I found a few DC DC converters that might fit the bill. This first one is a lot like what I saw in the video:

And a few other suggestions in a similar price range. The next one I have and so far its been working out well. Just dont give it more than 12v because its got a DC stepdown that also runs a 5v fan so it wasnt very happy on 24v.

These two I havent tried:

1 Like

@kavic5150 thanks for the advice. I’ll take a look at those listings and try my luck. That’s been very helpful!

1 Like