DD Mad Speed. Mad hubs DD conversion kit Build

How the bluettoh module shows up on the app? Like it usually has a code. If you tell me I know which ones are compatible or flashable

I personally have 2 metro pro and my buddies boards I built has bkb BT modules. They all work great.

I’m helping @Skyart15 out. He has the flipsky one.

Ah okay. Well the nrf51-vesc is also available from flipsky to but for $9, not not at all expensive.

Some people don’t want to support trampa and hence don’t want to use vesc_tool, but otherwise there is no reason not to use the latest developments with vesc-tool. It’s really nice.

I put up an instruction how to use the app. It’s easy peasy.

https://forum./t/all-new-2019-vesc-tool/3244/18?u=mishrasubhransu

Anyhow you can try with older phone or iPhone if there is a app for IOS. Since the version compatibility problem is only with Android.

I also learned a while back that w these BT modules, you dont pair them using your phones’ BT settings. You always use the app to do it.

Unfortunately I did not leave it plugged in the board but this is i believe how it shows up Screenshot_20190701-102617_ESC%20Monitor Titled superman

Yes they are BLE modules so low energy one. You can dowload BLE terminal app that it’s made to check them out and work with Arduino. It tells you more about the module.

If @Skyart15 has flipsky Bluetooth modules then he can use the vesc-tool mobile app. 100%

It’s pretty intuitive by itself, but otherwise I have a small guide in the link posted above…

1 Like

I wonder if the Vesc tool app supports the ackmaniac fw.

No it doesn’t. Trampa mentioned in some discussion. I wouldn’t dare. Ackmaniac is based on watt mode. @Skyart15 you can flash the latest original vesc tool and try. Although if the module doesn’t connect to the phone then that shouldn’t be related with the vesc but only incompatibility between phone and module

Why do you need ack firmware? Before ack had some advantages but now it has all those features like watts control and a lot more. Also Ben, is spending a. Lot more time on it. You can see it on the GitHub commmits.

@rey8801, regular firmware has watt control now.

Better throttle feel for me personally. And the new Vesc tool GUI is too “automated”. I’m just so old school and used to the old interface.

It is mostly the throttle feel. Yes, I have tried the new FW. I didn’t like it so I went back.

I tried it on Vesc tool 1.08

I know. I am saying that original won’t be 100% compatible with Ackmaniac’s one. Better to switch it original if you want to use the app. @Skyart15 do a quick test with an iPhone phone or older Android phone. If they see the module then it’s done.

1 Like

Okay, after those automated steps are done, you still have all the same settings and all the same parameters to manually change like before.

He has a work iPhone but xymatic app is $6 lol

@Skyart15

Wanna give the new FW a shot? All for science. Lotta work just to get BT module up and running. :joy:

Too much for a try. :disappointed_relieved:

Exactly. 10missingjasons

1 Like

What I am saying is that the firmware won’t change the BLE compatibility. Better to try it out with old Android then. Or flash the Flipsky module if it is possible. I think they use a variation of the classical HM10

1 Like

I’m down, maybe sometime this coming weekend? You talking about flashing vesc tool firmware to the fesc?