Deck Recommendation- Landyachtz Versus Original Skateboard

-FETs going bad or shorted from reflowing under load due to the terrible thermal characteristics.

Calling BS on that one. Solder does not flow at 80 degrees Celsius or anywhere near that temp.

I don’t know why you feel like you need to disparage Dexter, without him the scene would be in a sad state. In early 2015 he was the only outfit selling anything eskate related for the builder here in the US. Might not be the top quality but he is bringing a lot of gear to the masses at a low price. From what I have seen he usually takes care of his customers when things fail. I would bet he has replaced a few that were the fault of the customer too. How has he handled these failures you have witnessed?

3 Likes

He didn’t handle them.

I could care less about your defense for another seller, or your BS claim, the boards were inspected after failure, some had burns, and reflowed at the FETs by those burns so its best guess. Fact is it took out every board running the vesc 4.12 in our group in under two months. We all were running the torque vesc. We’ve all moved to different hardware.

We could care less about excuses. We want to ride without money down the drain and shit failing. Dexter has some great stuff in his site…lots of good stuff(in fact i recommend alot of new local group members to there) But no one here will run the torque vesc or antispark again. Simple facts no one should have a local group with $2600 in paperweights in under two months.

Whoops, sorry… I moved them back to original spot, there are a lot of flagged posts today trying to clean up. Carry on…

Are you able to make one to custom spec?

1 Like