Def-trap | Trampa MTB | 3D Printed Nylon X | Inner Direct Drive Herringbone Gear

It’s 3d printed. No metal gears were used.

1 Like

Cool nice work man keep you up to date if its working for me too I also redesigned your design to test it for a geared direct drive system i wanna build​:grimacing::+1:PNG

The motor pulley will be metal in my case

2 Likes

Did you drilled holes into the trampa truck for fixation?

No, used existing holes in hanger.

The additional holes in the gearbox are intended to add bolts which “clamp” the hanger - they significantly reduce vibration on the mount when in use.

1 Like

Ok thx ill try it as soon as i got my trampa ultimate trucks

IMG_6354 IMG_6355 IMG_6356 IMG_6357 IMG_6360 IMG_6361

Prototyping looks good so far with gearing ratio of 12:32 Lets see if this will fit onto the trampa ultimate trucks with a dual 6374 setup Keep ya up to date

3 Likes

Made some test fittings on my new trampa ultimate truck and 107 flywheels Looks real good so far ground clearance isnt much at the moment but ill cut the gearing housing the get at least 1cm ground clearance IMG_6427 IMG_6428 IMG_6429 IMG_6430 IMG_6432 IMG_6433 IMG_6434

Gearing is 12/30 btw and the motor pulley will be steel Thx for sharing your design @alexwdunn

3 Likes

Thats one sexy beast!

Hi banjaxxed, thank you for sharing the files on tinkercad library! It´s only possible to download the complete parts on tinkercad - not to download it part for part. I also want to print it for my mountainboard but unfortunately i see some problems on the pinion and on the bigger gear wheel as well.

I exported it with FreeCad and wanted to edit it with Sketchup. Did I do something wrong? Or could someone please give me a hint how to export it without this big gaps in the gears? I am a beginner in 3D printing so its not as easy to fix this.

Thanks!

@sharky is who you’re looking for

ok thanks - trying to contact @sharky

@w31x Did you or anyone get a response from @Sharky? He said he was going to post the files to his direct drive and was wondering when he would post it (if soon or in the future)?

no, also did´t got a response

@w31x If he ever sends you the files if it is ok with him would you please forward those to me?