Designing My First eSk8

Looking good man.

Will be a pain in the ass to charge these tho hahah

I plan to parallel charge at 0.5C on a balance charger. The case I chose is easy to open so I hope this wonā€™t be too much hassle.

I also should have enough range for 2 to 3 days of commute.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how this works out, I just started looking at building an e skate after commuting on a Segway for the past few months but Iā€™m tired of the Slow 10.9mph top speed and lack of easily being able to carry it.

My plan is to update as I build. I donā€™t have all the parts yet but will continue to post pictures and feedback on that thread.

Finally starting to receive parts. I have assembled the deck, trucks, wheels and bearings to give the board a test drive: 20180820_235214

I used DIY 6mm rubber pads to hopefully dampen vibration and raise the deck from the wheels: 20180820_235157

Bearings are venom brand and have a nice red and black touch that suits the board well. Wheels are 90mm ones: 20180820_235121

I have nearly everything except the motor and pulley which is stuck on backorder in Hobbyking HK. Iā€™ll setup a Bluetooth module to communicate with the VESC and lights in the meantime.

Batteries turnigy graphene look very premium. Hope they serve me well!

This is what I bought in the end. Graphene 45C 5000mah.

ā€œI also should have enough range for 2 to 3 days of commuteā€

Probably not.

What will happen is that youā€™ll enjoy the ride so much that you go the long way, just because you can. Certainly for the first few months youā€™ll be charging after every ride :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s exactly the plan :grin:

20180926_180318 Nearly finished with the electronics. I have planned for lighting from the battery and a Bluetooth module to connect to the vesc app.

I mounted the vesc on a module with a heatsink connected on the FETs both sides.

20180926_180518

3 Likes

A bit late but I would of suggested that you went for a decent motor mount as this is where many problems come about. Also if your doing hills you need good brakes so a dual motor setup is what you want. Again with hills you will have belt slippage with single motor. What will happen you will end up paying for more in a short space of time for upgrades.

By the way loving the Tupperware but I suggest you make another as they donā€™t last long.

I understand your on a budget but you may have to spend another Ā£200-300 for a board that will last a little longer.

20181103_132116

Motor mounted. The hobbyking mount works on caliber trucks with just a little bit of sand down rework. The belt is in tension and everything seems in correct alignment and clearances.

20181103_132052

I installed headlights as well which will be powered by the battery via a 12v buck converter.

1 Like

Well this is working very well and it is amazing. Thanks for the help guys 20181105_222951

20181110_094447

4 Likes

Hey there could you please share the matlab script.