Dickyho 5M 36T / 40T flywheel pulleys on ebay

got mine here!20180622_205220

1 Like

hmmm…i recently ordered a pair these not know about this thread. should be here in a few days… so i should plan on filing the TB hanger a bit…and are the extra bearings necessary or just for peace of mind and assisted centering of the pulley?

thx

u dont need extra bearing. just wheel bearing works fine.

just put in an order for a couple of these, hope they can get to canada quick :smiley:

I havr another question for anyone whos installed these or familiar… I have maytech motors which have a keys at I’m currently using on my other motor pulley…

Is the set screw that comes with this motor pulley long enough to sit into the key way groove without falling out inside??

I’m gonna do my install of all components later this week.

These are wheel pulleys, not motor pulleys.

1 Like

Well yes…and no… Cuz later on he introduces motor pulleys in the thread… Which after deep rescrubbing I found what I may have been looking for anyways…

just got done installing everything and doing a test ride… way more fun at 18/36 than 15!

still not quite fast enough as i could handle even a bit more but way better than topping out at 25.

rounding off all 4 edges on the trucks as mentioned makes it slide on nice n easy. Now i need to figure out what new size belt i need since its 2 short to run on marcs mounts and dual idlers…not even 1… and a lil too loose without any tension for long term use…

although 1 person found some new set screw and addressed it for the motor pulley i will as well… lowes had em in stock…home depot didnt… its an m4 screw… but the actual screw itself is just a hair wider than the keyway so its not like theres any major loss in thread length due to a full seating and secures very snug!

Are you doing pulleys for Kegel wheels as well?

no, not yet, maybe later

1 Like

Don’t look for metric stuff in stores in the USA. They don’t have jack shit – it’s all Imperial. You need to order the bolts and all hardware online.

2 Likes

really just depends on my needs… actually on marcs motor pulleys i think it was a #6 or #8 set screw that home depot stocks fit his thread…had to grind off a hair as it was a bit long… but as mentioned lowes had a m4 set screw in the bin for easy pickup…although unnecessary in the end.

even in canada i can barely find anything metric at the homeless despot…need to special order alot of my fasteners because of it

1 Like

seems china is a better place, we could buy almost everything if have money, and everything is so cheap…

1 Like

better place for acquiring goods, that is for sure

1 Like

yes, water and air polution, city too crowded, goverment corruption…that’s something I hate even I very love living in china.

4 Likes

Hopefully people around the world will start to recognize that we cannot continue to pollute nature on such a large scale without having to deal with consequences. Be it by climate change, health issues due to pollution in the air/water/food, loss of usable land and water for agriculture, oceans filled with plastic. The list goes on.

From what i here on the news i think China is becoming more conscious regarding these matters and are starting to make some changes. Hopefully this is true and other countries start to follow the trend.

I like to believe that ESK8 is just a step in the right direction. However the amount of low cost crappy boards that are hitting the market is kinda scary because, in a few years they will be in land fills, probably still with the li-ion batteries inside. Alongside the hover boards, ebikes and e-scooters.

Sorry for the off-topic.

1 Like

i agree with you. some countries/areas of the world are ‘more at blame’ than others, but EVERYONE can do better for the future.

agree too. china is a big manufacture country, and big pollution country. but 90% of china’s product are and was sell to the west… so this is the same concept as the blood diamond…

for example, in china, a family bought a cooking pot, they will use it for decades, till it ware out. so as many items… but in the west people used to replace things much more frequently, that cause many countries manufacturing products for the west all the time…and comes with pollution and…

6 Likes

Yes…this is totally true. I am not blaming or pointing fingers at countries.

While there aren’t strict governmental policies and strict enforcement of those policies by governments and specific agencies the problem will continue.

Unfortunately it is a problem of supply and demand. Imagine i want to build a product that generates some pollution. If i produce it in the USA or Europe, where legislation is stricter, that product will have a higher cost due to the amount of pollution/waste that is generated and needs to be treated. If i produce it in China or India or other countries which have softer policies, the product will be cheaper. And furthermore, some countries purposefully disregard environmental policies to attract more international business.

We are all to blame…we are all part of the problem and all part of the solution.