Did I overgrind my Vesc

I found this double gRinder on the street and been grinding too many things. With my board’s hole image still won’t fit. one mm too narrow i ground the 6.6 Vesc. It shows copper. Are there now connections squished into each other? Should I fire :fire: it up and see what happens or do some kind of restoration?image `image image

3 Likes

why did you do this and not modify the enclosure…

The enclosure is too nice! And this is easier w a grinder

1 Like

i’d never be grinding a circuit board at all. im pretty sure the vesc is 4 layers of pcb so you might be lucky but i’d be insulating the exposed copper somehow

When u say four layers what u mean? I can see what look like layers of copper but more than 4 maybe 6image What u think. I took off max .5mm

Yeah Flipsky uses 6 layer on the 6.6, I reckon power it up and see what happens

1 Like

I’ll see if anyone says don’t at least a couple hours! Those layers do they need be insulated from each other ?

Grinding the PCB is very, very bad. I’m just not sure what to recommend. Probably to clean up the edge and make sure there are NO microscopic slivers of copper shorting anything out, then power it up and hope. But this is really bad. The PCB needs its edge to be intact.

Yes!

You’re not supposed to take this phrase literally

This is very likely to be a total loss.

4 Likes

This is the kind of modification that is frowned up in regards to the signal layer of the PCB.

1 Like

So get out a microscope n make sure no connections between layers n insulate again?

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am very new to this website and am very sorry to intrude on your conversation, but I just have one question to ask myself. Do you know how to start a thread? I have a few problems I need help solving. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Go to LATEST and in the top right there is NEW TOPIC

ok Thanks!

hmmm, I don’t have that option. Does it have something to do with being on the website for a while?

@JohnnyMeduse u gave me hearts :two_hearts: what do they mean?!

2 Likes

I’m actually quite speechless

1 Like

I’m kinda in the same mood as @Blasto on this one…

2 Likes

Lol @Hummie wtf. I’m glad you didn’t find a blender.

4 Likes

Then I’ll find out myself soon enough

my reccomendation is more grinding. Which is to say a whetstone or very fine grain sand paper, very lightly sand the edge for about 10 minutes to get a cleaner finish then it should be more likely to not be shorted… but its probably fucked. in a 6 layer board some of the layers are only likee 0.2 mm apart.

2 Likes