Did Jason from diyeboard scam me?

maybe take your time and draft up something to help yourself? :slight_smile:

By closing it, you gave them a free pass to not spend any more money resolving it for you. Just consider it an expensive lesson learned and you are better now because of it. You spent that money upgrading yourself, now for the skateboard…

4 Likes

Yeah but when you close it you have to tell them whats going on so I said that he offered me 100usd and that he told me to close it

“Yeah but” has no meaning to their legal obligation to their shareholders to protect the bottom line at all costs.

i know its off topic but

image :thinking:

some perfectionist you are x)

8 Likes

Is there anything I can do now that doesn’t include paypal?

Charge it back on the card that PayPal charged for it. But now the card will be trying to get the money from Paypal and not diyeboard. But it’s the only thing you can do aside from suing him in court.

I paid with paypal balance… That’s why they can’t reopen ti now

unfortunately as far as i know, once the ball is in diyeboards side, youre screwed…

Ya their motor mounts are kinda shit. I had no end of problems with them. I could get them setup but they just wouldn’t stay tight. The smallest knock would put them off, And the aluminum bent after a season. Id never order from them again

2 Likes

The mounts I got are actually ok but the motors are so bad. On the other hand, my friend’s mounts also came loose and he can’t use it anymore

The ESC he got has some silicon around the connectors and mine doesn’t

And that’s the second one he ordered, the first one stopped working byitself. Nothing happend

1 Like

And yeah, he had to pay for it also, Jason didn’t send him a replacement one. My friend had to pay for everything

1 Like

When I posted a photo of my snapped truck, he asked that I delete the photo so people wouldn’t see it, such a scammy company

2 Likes

Buy another one of everything and do a chargeback on that. Play fire with fire.

Or take the high road and learn this be an expensive lesson… Never buy anything through paypal without your credit card.

I have never had paypal help me resolve anything. I usually do a chargeback to my card and let my bank deal with paypal

6 Likes

I have told countless people not to do business with diyeboards as there stuff is junk and they are basically as scammy as alextech or willpark or mboards or the 20 other scammers that have taken peoples money without anything to show for it. You should always buy from the guys who people trust there is a thread about it. Unfortunately I dont think there is much you can do now that it is closed because closing it tells paypal that you and him settled it. He played you like Charlie Daniels plays the fiddle.

2 Likes

Yes, PayPal have always been the folks to fuck me over despite their words to the contrary. I’ve also heard many, many horror stories of folks who are less than 18 years old having their entire balance stolen from them by Paypal.

And this is so true. I will transfer the balance to the bank and buy through the card, just to have an extra layer of protection from Paypal themselves.

1 Like

Not to mention how they deal with vendors, their approach is harsh and in many cases a simple claim will freeze a vendors account for months on end or withhold a huge percentage of funds.

I know of many small stores that actually had to close following paypal bullshit.

1 Like

Hey! What happened with that list we had no so long ago about good-bad vendors here? Time to bring that up! Need to start pointing some fingers now! :eye::point_right:

3 Likes