DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

And I will be another advocate for full body protection. Crashed today and body slammed into sharp stones. Big cap in my elbow/stitched , slashes across my upper body, side bruised up and there is a bit of skin missing there.

This has not deterred me though, just another lesson learned. And Thank God for my full face helmet.

2 Likes

Shit, hope it heals quick man. Full body protection makes sense especially for MTB.

1 Like

Thx.What gear do you have and has any of it shifted after a crash?

I had MX elbow and forearm protectors from nofear which never shifted. I switched to used O’Neal armored vest but one elbow protector shifted a bit on a sideward crash but in general it seems safe.

I use this knee and shin protectors (not very comfy but very sturdy)

https://www.louis.de/artikel/super-shield-ne-23k-knieprotektor-paar/20019224?filter_article_number=20019224&list=3c97773fd609b221a4a10ecf4123da70

and this helmet

https://www.amazon.de/axant-Line-Helmet-mountainbike-downhill/dp/B00K0L2K0M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

and the Hillbilly heavy doodie gloves with integrated wrist guards

Also waiting for a crash pant from china.

1 Like

Oh lord, my front bushings broke again and also the rear ones need to be replaced very soon. I guess these bushings were made for riding not for jumping, no idea how I can solve this problem.

Last week I had some fun on a bmx track outside the town until I got banned. The problem is that it is non-public, the owner is an association and the chairman came and started yelling at me I shall fuck off.

At least I recorded enough footage for a video :laughing:

It’s edited but unfortunately I have audio problems which need to be solved before I can upload it, for now some stills:

14 Likes

Have a new victim :weary:

Was on bmx track and after some jumping there was suddenly resistance in one motor. Disconnected the phase wires from vesc but no difference, it seems like 2 phase wires are touching inside the motor. Never opened a motor, guess it’s time for my very first time :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

That track looks like fun. Where is that?

1 Like

It’s near vienna, austria. So if you ever visit my town we can go for an illegal ride, outlaw style :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Close by I also have a bike track. But by far not as nice as yours. But I should give it a try.

1 Like

Noooooooo :frowning:

Very unfortunate, any particularly hard jumps before? I’m always putting this off, but we should probably fix the wires near the motor so they don’t vibrate as much inside.

1 Like

Jumping appears to be the one weakness to break them all.

1 Like

Your new friend’s named Sugru :smile:

7 Likes

hey bro, the riding photos on the BMX track are just awesome. I can imagine how much fun it was to ride this BMX track !!!

2 Likes

Your bushings probably brake because you tightened down the kingpin. The kingpin should be tightened to the point where any play is eliminated, but not any further.

Frank

2 Likes

One solution might be to try MBS Matrix II trucks. Can you get your hands on a set of those? I’d be really interested to see if those can stand up to your abuse.

3 Likes

Not compatible with direct drive.

1 Like

Actually there was a version of the direct drive for the Matrix2, the only problem was with the “6374”-sk3 on it, that were a bit too long :

However correctly sized 6374 or 6364-sk3 may be ok.

3 Likes

That looks like the SS Mini drive system.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies guys :blush:

I’m back from my 24 hours depression :laughing:

Searchd in 2 local shops but couldn’t find a proper plier for the circlip to open the motor, that sucks.

Definitely give it a try, it is so much fun. Almost every ride I spend some time at BMX track or dirt park, they are close-by but since I crushed one motor and hanger I avoid the skate park.

Not really because this was not dirt park, just normal jumping. But what I did before was coasting backwards for 5-10 minutes but I don’t think there’s a relation.

That’s a good idea! I’m curious what happened inside the motor, will see later but need this special plier first. When I touch 2 phase wires the resistance is much higher, maybe there’s just a tiny connection inside, or it’s the bearings but I don’t think so after this short time.

I think In general it’s not the best for the parts. My front hanger has play and also the rear hanger, 2 weeks ago it was OK. When I accelerate on rough terrain the rear hanger rattles. There is no visible gap but maybe I need to switch to bigger bushings, guess I have to order the complete trampa stock of bushings.

I have 7 black friends waiting for release :joy: Your solution for the wires looks great, how did you achieve this smooth surface? Slightly wet fingers?

I love BMX tracks, are there any good in Paris? There’s one thing you did already and I have to try, riding stairs :laughing:

Also thought about that and would love to try them but unfortunately as @telnoi mentioned there is actually no direct drive available. Furthermore my nick name is “rich” because of my name Richard and not because of the size of my wallet, the wallet is very thin :laughing:

I saw that, too but it’s discontinued. If it’s just about to swap the motor plates on DD I would think about it.

Ha, you are right! I think that was without wheel gear support bearing and these drives (including trampa mini hanger) are discontinued, am I right @Nowind?

Thanks for the hint, normally I tighten the kingpin nut only to the point where it touches the baseplate, no further tightening. The bushings which broke were used (need to order new ones soon) and when riding only they last much longer (at least 600km) and without any jumping maybe 1000km. But the higher I jump the sooner i kill bushings & more.

Yesterday I’ve uploaded the video of the BMX track on YouTube but are very pissed because of the video quality. I can’t figure out what’s the problem. I export in mp4 H.264 and the quality is good but after upload on youtube it looks awful, very poor quality, artefacts, blurring. I put so much work in this video and can’t accept how it looks right now, especially when riding.

Just as example here the same still, once taken from the mp4 before upload and once from YouTube, both in HD 1080p, WTF, if someone has an idea what’s wrong please tell me…

1 Like

Forgot to post the video :laughing: This is the 30fps version, also uploaded it in 60fps. Personally I can’t watch this video otherwise I get aggressions but you get an idea what it looks like. I try to upload a proper version ASAP and erase the earlier versions.

18 Likes