DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Bummer! If you want the ratchets on the outside you need to unscrew the entire Heel strap assembly (including ladder straos) from the F5 bindings and flip the entire assembly. That’s because the two different types of ladder straps are NOT compatible with the two different types of buckles (ratchet buckle vs. cam buckle). The ratchet buckle only works with the ratchet ladder strap (teeth on outside of strap), and the cam buckle only works with the cam ladder strap (teeth on underside). In addition to the slight width different, the actual thickness of the straps is different (the reason that cam buckle broke). Unfortunately, unlike the ratch buckle, that cam buckle can’t be replaces with our replacing the whole strap. But if you can find the position you want using the other foot, then you can probably lock that broken cam lock down permanently. Good luck!

1 Like

My bet is on the GX series with a rubber cover

And on the inside of the enclosure completely cover it with epoxi

2 Likes

It took some minutes and several pliers but I could close it. I’m afraid this won’t work a second time.

I just walked home (walk of shame) after a pre-work ride (empty battery) and the heelstrap holds. But my puffed lipo is getting warm and the voltage drops from 3.6V to 3.2V within a blink of an eye, that sucks. Can’t wait for the new battery.

According the charge plug, gonna use 4pin GX12 and won’t charge with 8A with the old charge port.

The seller of my charge ports states 12A :rofl:

BTW the 12s7p looks good and has a nice fit :+1:, I plan do build it similar. Did you use 25x0.2mm or 0.15mm strips? I think I go with 25x0.2mm single layer.

1 Like

Yeps 25mm x 0.2 :slight_smile:

I use also a smart bms and it is awesome image

1 Like

Today I had a nice sesson at dirt park trying to improve jumping skills and airtime. There is a table which I never could jump over, now I need 10-20cm more and it’s accomplished. That’s why I started to remove all stones to be able to accelerate more to clear the table but it needs more treatment. I did this with full body armor and helmet and was sweating like a pig. Tomorrow I buy a shovel and broom to finish the work, hopefully I can jump over the table soon.

Also I was jumping a small double with about 1m gap, I never jump gaps because you know… that can hurt badly! Despite pissing in my pants I jumped it 4 times and succeeded 3 times :smile:

I contacted ATBShop regarding the broken cam buckle and hope I can get a replacement.

After reading your post the second time I realized that I didn’t read this sentence properly before.

The cam buckle broke while opening on the original cam ladder strap. I only tried on the other binding if the ratched buckle works with a flipped cam ladder strap.

After riding 2 times with “wrong” mounted heelstraps (ratchet buckles outside like Trampa) I must say I don’t like it, it is quite a difference and I need to switch to the correct mounting with ratchet buckles inside which is much better, there is a reason why MBS have the ratchet buckles inside… Unfortunately I can’t switch right now because of the broken cam buckle. Sorry for writing buckle 10 times :laughing:

Hopefully soon like this again…

8 Likes

Noted regarding the cam lever breaking while opening it on the original strap (factory spec). In that case it’d be covered by warranty. I just saw the straps swapped and assumed that was the cause. Rad build by the way…

5 Likes

I think I had the thumb on the tip of the buckle only (because of needed force) that means maximum stress for the buckle. From now on I gonna put the force spreaded to avoid that it happens again.

Thanks a lot :blush:

I love the F5 bindings and heelstraps, they fit so nice, are very comfy and the heelstraps are perfect size. I don’t have to adjust them. Smaller heelstraps need adjusting after 1-3 jumps because they move down. (MBS heelstraps also move down a little bit but it makes no difference because of the size)

I am thinking about a build for jumping only, maybe I’ll try a stiffer MBS deck for better control. If I had the money I would buy the new Matrix II with metal baseplates straight away but I’m afraid I have to wait some time for financial healing.

1 Like

WTF I did it and now I can jump over the table without touching the platform, what a great feeling :smile:

But let’s start from the beginning, I bought a shovel and (shitty) broom to end this rocky mess

115935h

121756h

115827h

120342h

After hard work it looks like a dream

120944h

First step done so it was time to repair and (re-)shape some kickers

123102h

After enough digging I desperately needed some water of the lake, it’s a 5 minutes ride to get there.

125132h

Waaater, niceness

131629h

131612h

After fixing there are now 4 different kickers to choose

133715h

After 2-3 hours curing it was time to test it, I was afraid it is too loose for riding it but the kicker kept the shape nicely.

I’ve never jumped it before because it was too dangerous, now it’s just great. Next time I have to re-shape the landing area.

Then there was this little kicker which was full of plants which I removed and then brought the shape back to life.

133251h

I always thought only stupid people would try this kicker with a gap and a small step up. But why should I fix this kicker without jumping it? :thinking:

133303h

Well I jumped it 3 times, the first 2 times I crashed but then it worked :laughing: It is so sick! I have to make it more wide and safe for MTB.

I have the biggest respect for shapers and builders because now I know how much work it really is. I was digging and brooming for 5 hours to achieve some improvements. It is hard work but the feeling afterwards is priceless when you ride the smooth fresh course with a grin in your face.

I need a bigger broom and more tools for different treatings and removing bigger stones.

I did record some footage but unfortunately the battery was empty before doing sick and higher jumps. The camera started recording but shut down after 1 minute because of low battery. That happened 4 times until I realized it, so I have only a test jump on camera on this takes. I need to record everything again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Have a nice day!

24 Likes

looks like you always have the dirt park for your own :sweat_smile: seems to be a great time there!

3 Likes

How do I like this post multiple times ???

18 Likes

i liked your post to like @rich post a second time… should work like this!

2 Likes

Well, I also liked it in the pictures thread but only 2 likes are not enough for that pic.

1 Like

definitly! just imagine the video would record as well…

good motivation for the summer, for me for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah often but not every time

I met a 13-year old talented kid, we were jumping in a train :ok_hand: and played the game S.K.A.T.E. It was the same day him and me succeeded to jump over the table.

Haha thanks bro, you want more pics? Here we go

This is a step up which I can jump over since 2 weeks

All pics are screen shots of 60fps video footage before the battery was too low for the higher/better jumps :wink:.

I don’t know but since the “Nollie challenge” of @DanSkates I always jump like this even when I don’t want to, also it feels better to jump with style :laughing:

13 Likes

Bruh I wish I had such a nice track at my town

3 Likes

Yeh that picture with big air / jump is awesome…

Could almost save it and use as screen wallpaper.

Too bad it is not me who does the jump :smiley: otherwise ppl would later ask is it me and would have to say I just took it from internet :smiley:

I guess part of riding now is to train for the Paris esk8 cup? :slight_smile:

At least I guess that will be a blast for everyone who can attend it and go with their boards

2 Likes

Yeah I’m really lucky because it’s only a 4 minutes ride from home to dirt park :sunglasses:

Unfortunately it’s never in a good shape because nobody maintain this park, that’s why I started to do it. After rain there are big holes and other problems which needs to get fixed. I was not that often there in the past.

If you think it’s a great park you have to see how it looked some years ago before I was riding there :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s still great but dirt needs more maintainance and is not that smooth as wood kickers which I’ve never tried so far.

Hey there is no face visible so it could be you :+1:

I found time to visit the dirt park again to pratice and shot more video footage. I think I have to go there one more time before editing the video.

New day, new broom. Can you imagine how people look at me when riding with a broom (or last time with shovel and broom)? :laughing:

This time I jumped a lot with backside grabs to have at least a second jumping style.

This kicker with a step up I’ve only tried once in the past and it hurted a lot after crashing but it was time to face the fear. At least I didn’t crash and I can reach the platform but not the landing area yet. I need more speed but it’s difficult to reach it because there is a small table before.

This was my highest jump ever and I thought I gonna die but could land it safely. I was overshooting and flying to the skye because of too much speed.

I also get some kind of wobble on the front truck when riding faster to jump higher, had some almost crashes. The whole board starts swinging left and right and it’s hard to keep it in straight direction. The problem only happens when riding down the steep “starting hill”, it is very bumpy and aslope in different directions. After adding pre-tension on the elastomere dampers it was better, need to test more next time.

My second SK8 motor starts to make bad noises, too. I’m afraid I have to change both motors in the near future. On bumpy terrain they are very loud like there is something loose.

13 Likes

Richard, I think I speak on behalf of most of us when I say that you are taking this eMTB thing on another level.

10 Likes

You make me jealous… only 4 minutes? The closest bike park (maybe the only one in 60km around me) is 25km from me with my board. With the car it is 35km and look like this :confused:

I think that applies to many bike parks.

I fully agree with @taz

all those EMTB boys want to have such a dope track in their town :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s so sick!

1 Like