Disastorm | Never Summer Commander Deck | Enertion Trucks | Dual Enertion R-Spec | Enertion Mount| Space Cell | Dual VESC

Theres not. I can’t edit my first few posts either, perhaps the post/topic is too old. Should I make a new one?

Also sorry 3 more questions.

1. On the VESC, it comes with some kind of plastic wrap. Is this good for insulation ( like heatshrink? ), or is it just packaging and should be removed ?
  2. When soldering the VESC wires to the female motor connector cups, should I strip the wires first, or is the surface area of the wires already good enough?
  3. I remember seeing a thread before where people were talking about powering the vesc during detection, but I don’t remember where the thread is. However, it sounded like onloop thought it should be safe to use the Enertion Battery, but that it might be better to use a configurable power supply. I just wanted to confirm that it is safe to use the battery, or is there a small chance of something bad happening?

Thanks.

I think we had that problem a while back. @cmatson Do you remember that problem?

Pretty sure you’re supposed to keep the plastic on unless you have to solder/fix something on the board that you can’t access.

Question 2: Could you take a pic? Might help a bit.

I don’t think you’re supposed to power the vesc with your batteries while you program it. I haven’t got a VESC yet but don’t try until you have someone elses advice. If you look at vedders video or search “FAQ” there may be something you can reference to.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Eboard wire type- how much does it matter?

@EnertionSupport How did the tshirt design competition go? I don’t think we ever got the results?

Thanks for the responses guys, that answers all my questions.

You can make this the new title: Disastorm | Never Summer Commander Deck | Enertion Trucks | Dual Enertion R-Spec | Enertion Mount| Space Cell | Dual VESC

I’ve been a little lazy, still havn’t actually finished this lol.

I noticed there are 2 of these.

I know one goes here.

Does the other one go here?

*Note that I have not put a motor set together, but I have watched the enertion motor mount, belt, & pulley instructional guide.

You’re correct that one of them goes in the wheel pulley part. My assumption would be that the second bolt is a spare part. Even functionally, I’m not sure what you’d get out of putting a bolt in there.

yea maybe a coincidence but it does actually fit perfectly in the second spot also, thats why i wasn’t sure about it.

Just a thought, but if you check the threading, it might be the same thickness as a camera mount for gopro footage.

can anyone confirm that the second one is indeed a spare? @carl.1 ( please see my question in my previous posts with the images )

yes, the second one is for the set screw hole on the end of the aluminum mount.

You can use, or not use it- totally up to you. But if you use it with thread lock, there is a greater chance of your motor mount staying in place over a long amount of time. The only reason not to use it would be if you don’t want to damage the paint on the trucks.

@carl.1 Thanks, it fit fine in the second place, but for the intiial place is it supposed to stick out like this?

Have you tried the black set screw? The black one is smaller and is for the motor pulley.

@lox897 I found a black screw with some of my other stuff so not sure if its the correct one. I don’t see any other black screws though, is this the one?

Does this also mean that there is just a spare silver screw?

There are 2 silver screws for the motor mount and 1 screw for the motor pulley. Can you put that next to a ruler so I can see the size?

@lox897 ah i see, didn’t realize there were 2 slots in the trucks mount.

the black one looks around 3mm or so, is that the right one?

No. My one is about 8mm.

@lox897 Thanks for the help, it turns out I’m an idiot, I actually assembled that thing awhile ago, it turns out I already put the set screw in there lol.

LOL , It happens to the best of us :wink:

What size are they . M4x8mm?