Disastorm | Never Summer Commander Deck | Enertion Trucks | Dual Enertion R-Spec | Enertion Mount| Space Cell | Dual VESC

@disastorm sounds like you’ve got it mostly worked out in your head.

There will always be those moments during a build when you get stuck. So you simply need to create a build thread on here and post photos illustrating your questions.

Eventually I’ll do a new video showing the latest generation of enertion parts being used to build a complete deck…

Maybe in 2-3 weeks I’ll get a chance to do that.

Read this article about choosing a deck:

Thanks. Will the VESCs from later this month come pre soldered and with a XT-60 connector or would I have to do that?

that’s the plan!

however don’t 100% count on not soldering, there will always be some soldering of something…

Ok thanks for the info. Yea I’ll have to at least solder the nyko wireless receiver anyway. When you said you will pre-load the RSPEC parameters, does that mean we won’t need to do any kind of configuration to the VESC ourselves provided we use those motors?

If you buy the R-SPEC motors, they come with 5.5mm male connectors soldered to the phase wires already, they also have the female connectors included which WILL need to be soldered onto the VESC phase wires…

Thanks Ok I’ve think I’ve decided on almost everything. I guess the last thing is what is the advantage of dual motors over single motors? Is it mainly just for stuff like climbing hills?

please use search more :smile:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Low-Profile-Electric-Longboard-Enclosure-/171936689100?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

There are other shapes and sizes available too. You can search the enclosure threads or search electric longboard on eBay and you’ll find them there. Another option would be to make your own vac forming set up. Takes a little practice, time and small investment, but I’ve found it enjoyable!

Nice thanks. I’ll try to use search more in the future. Also thanks for the link psychotiller.

@onloop just ordered everything from your site.

@disastorm Have you decided which deck to use? How about remote controller? wireless nyko kama ?

@sgaana

I ordered this deck https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/decks/70202/never-summer-2015-commander-longboard-skateboard-deck-w-grip

Since its a W Concave, the only issue I might have is I’d have to bolt the enclosure to the bottom instead of using something like tape.

I’m going to go with the Nyko Kama since I like the way it looks and it doesn’t really seem to difficult to connect, I just need to solder the receiver wires to the VESC directly.

I think that is a good choice. I also think screws are a better choice over tape, as I have seen many e board component failures from not being properly connected to the board. people underestimate the amount of vibration that a board goes through.

1 Like

So, what happened to the build? I’m making my shopping list and this thread was great read :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting on the November batch of Vesc. I didn’t make it for the October one in time. I have everything else though. I got an enclosure from psychotiller and attached it to the bottom of my board with screws. Since my board has a W shape, there are some gaps, but I don’t think its an issue, but if you want to be safe, I’d recommend a flat bottom. I also plan on enclosing the VESCs in heat shrink tubing. I also got a nyko kama and soldered it to one of the JST connectors. I still havn’t gotten around to assembling the motors yet, so the final steps are for me to assemble the motors and attach them to the trucks, and then when the VESCs come I should be able to just plug them in ( since I think they come preconfigured with the enertionboards motor settings ) and connect everything together.

Lets see some pics bro. Did you screw directly onto the board? Or did you use t-nuts?

I used nuts without the prongs and instead epoxied them to the board. This was because I was originally worried about the fiberglass, but my friend later told me it looked like the fiberglass may have been only on the bottom and it was thin anyway so I probably could have used t-nuts. The griptape came on the deck already so I didn’t bother removing it and re-applying on top of the nuts, so the nuts are on top of the grip tape.

Here are some photos ( in the second photo i didn’t screw it in, just laid it on top so you can see how it looks, also note I’ll need to cut some holes in the enclosure to provide easy access to the power button ) :

3 Likes

Cool man. Looks good. I got the same enclosure too. I was planning on doing the exact same thing(drilling a hole for power button and charge port) and cutting a spot out for the lcd display and glueing a piece of clear plastic so i could see it without removing the enclosure. I got some rubber firewall grommets i was going to put over the power button and charge port but i thought it would still be a pain to access. I ended up gutting my spacecell and extending the wires so i could mount my lcd display,charge port and power switch on the front sides of my enclosure. I think i will just drill a hole for the usb on the vesc and seal that with a grommet since i won’t have to access that as much. Looking forward to more updates from your build.

Awesome! I need to get my shopping list ready this weekend. This thread helped me a lot :smile:

1 Like

I was just assembling the motor and it looks like the circlip thing is already on the motor ? So does this mean I don’t need to put one there? I just need to put one at the end of the shaft after everything is assembled right?