DIY 3 Wheeled Electric Skateboard -- WARNING: CASEY NEISTAT

Pretty sure the remote that he’s using is from a cheap exkate electric skateboard. They have an in/off type controller

No it is not just his decision to wear a helmet. Ever thought avout how you’ll feel killing someone in a traffic accident even when you know it is the others fault? It will not make it less hard on you because you will feel like you could have done something differently. Also a bike with brakes is much easier to control than a skateboard. On a board you will get thrown off due to inertia and no handle there to hold on to. Reckless bike riders and reckless boarders are different things!

1 Like

I understand where you are coming from. You may not like how he chooses to live his life, his attitude on life, or his decision about skating around the city. However, this kind of action certainly isn’t limited to him. If you’ve spend any time on a college campus, you quickly realize that pedestrian traffic has a certain kind of right away, bikes weave in and out of cars all the time. If you are smaller and can fit between gaps you go for it, it’s part of the appeal of transportation without a car, you can navigate crowded areas faster. Am I saying his decisions aren’t dangerous, no, but there his decisions. Also a bike might give you slightly more control, but you certainly can get thrown off a bike, and it certainly isn’t going to give you any crash protection. Also you have the option of more easily bailing on a board, hit the brakes and slow down enough to run out of the way.

Now imagine the amount of new forum users that could have been generated from here if that builder was here and left a note for a shout out to this forum…

very true. Someone send him a board, tell him to wear a helmet, and shout out the forum!

Lol someone should just send him a helmet lol

2 Likes

Casey Neistat doesn’t wear a helmet because he is a skater. Skater’s don’t wear helmets unless they are doing something really dangerous like dropping in a half pipe or jumping off a vert ramp. It has been that way for over 60 years. And that’s because skaters know how to fall. Because part of skating is knowing how to fall properly. Yes that is a thing.

So if a skater doesn’t wear a helmet to do a 360 flip over a 12 step flight of stairs, why on earth would they wear one to ride around on flatground with a longboard (electric powered or not). It seems quite ridiculous to me honestly.

With that being said, if you don’t have any previous experience in skateboarding, than you probably should wear a helmet, cause falling really hurts if you don’t know how to do it. But for those of us that do, we are not wearing a helmet anytime soon.

On another note, Casey Neistat is awesome. I have so much respect that guy. The people who are hating on him have no idea how much work he has put into building his brand. It’s easy to criticize when you are sitting behind a keyboard doing nothing with your life. He earned his fame, and I respect that. His vlogs are the absolute best on youtube, and from a business perspective he is just doing everything right, changing the way we look at marketing. And I don’t know if you guys watch his vlogs, but the city of New York absolutely loves him. He is putting nothing but positive energy out there and representing NYC in the best way possible.

3 Likes

disagree completely.

there is a difference between skating like this and falling, vs going fast on a longboard. Skating and doing tricks is more about avoiding impact, whereas an E-board is much higher speed and no matter how experienced you are you need to wear a helmet and gear up. Think of downhill longboarding, everyone wears a helmet and leathers to avoid road rash due to speed.

The rule of thumb is, you lose a 1 mm of flesh for every mph you go over 25 mph. Also head injury severity is correlated with speed.

Finally when you are E-boarding you are riding in and out of traffic and there are variables you can’t control. So you can’t really compare it to these tricks in controlled environments. Even so most professional skateboards who do these tricks wear the appropriate gear.

I learned to skateboard in middle school. But I wouldn’t be caught dead going 30+ mph on my E-boards w/o a helmet and protective gear.

7 Likes

If you are going over 25 mph then you are breaking the law. Not that i care. But it’s not the best argument for not getting electric skateboards banned. But if you are going to go 25+ then you should definitely wear a helmet like the downhill longboarders do, because that is dangerous as well. But if you are obeying the law and going 20 mph (which casey is, he is riding a boosted board), then you should be able to avoid serious injury if you know how to fall. Chris Cole is easily going over 20 mph in the clip i posted above, or else he wouldnt be able to clear the wallenberg. So knowing how to fall is absolutely relevant to riding a street legal electric longboard.

SO I see we have some REALLY FUCKING RETARDED PEOPLE here who are still sucking Casey’s dick.

You wear a helmet as insurance so if you get run over its just your limbs that get broken, and your cranium only suffers a concussion. At certain speeds and soooooome cases a helmet wont protect you form everything, but if you hit a person on a bike or a curb and you flip and go splat on the ground, you will only have a concussion and some broken arms/legs maybe neck damage, but hopefully no paralysis. Helmets are so that when the ambulance comes, it isnt life threatening its just a safety precaution.

ps casey is a Hillary supporter so maybe he already has brain damage so GLHF

3 Likes

Let’s not forget that he looks like a troll but dont get me started on Trump.

1 Like

I liek Trump because hopefully he will de-regulate electric skateboards and allow us to have some freedom with out policing our maximum watt/hour on the streets.

1 Like

I’m sorry but that’s not a reason to just blindly agree with a guy. I have a lot of respect for @onloop even though I disagree with a lot of what his company does. You though just posted something that someone basically said about @onloop and it didn’t sway you, so why would it sway anyone about this guy?

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or serious Lol :joy:

Hahaha, you mad bro?

I dont think anyone will care about eSK8 or any laws unless someone dies or causes property damage on an electric board. As for DT vs HRC it doesn’t fucking matter lol

@FlashNova I’m mad at a sellout who is a terrible role model, but possesses insane creativity and editing skills and I hate to see him do stupid shit. Interesting video about his drone bullshit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMLBSQd8RGc

I dont like when people lick the boots of people who dont deserve it and blindly defend the stupid shit they do.

1 Like

I am triggered. A college tennis teammate broke his jaw on an electric scooter couple weeks ago on a curb. surgery and messy shit all around

There’s a huge difference between falling while trying to execute a trick vs. falling while longboarding/esk8ing. When your trying to land a trick, you already have the expectation of falling and prepare yourself for it. You’re generally going a lot slower too. In Chris Cole’s clip, he’s likely closer to 13mph than 20mph. Slower when he lands/bails at the bottom. Regular decks with small hard wheels on pavement don’t easily go that fast. Being prepared to fall and the slower speeds make a world of difference when it comes to reaction times and how you fall. I’d much rather fall on a 10 step than hit a rock that stops your board cold at 25mph. Your falling in an arc vs. flying forward with your feet as a pivot point at higher speeds. Often times you don’t have the time to roll. This is why you see so many downhill skaters slide after a fall. Rolling out a fall at 5-10mph is a lot different than rolling out a fall at 25mph.

Even when it comes to regular skating, shit happens and even experienced skaters can hit their heads.

1 Like

I’m not saying that people shouldnt wear a helmet. If you want to wear a helmet for extra protection than you should. All I am saying is that people on this forum need to stop getting triggered every time they see a video of someone riding their board without a helmet. You guys are like the social justice warriors of the e-skate community, and it’s frickin annoying. You guys all have electric boards, and you know it’s not that serious, but you make a big stink about it anyways. All of us riding without a helmet will probably be fine, and we don’t need a lesson in helmet safety at every corner we turn.

@nngg A helmet probably wouldnt of helped your buddy’s jaw. Unless he is wearing a full helmet. And if you are trying to say that we should all be wearing full helmets, gtfo dude. It’s not happening.

@Mrmoonlight I disagree, i think he is defintely going over 20mph in that clip. My board only goes 17 mph and it feels really slow. I can defintely go faster on my regular skateboard because there isnt any resistence from the motors. Skaters definitely anticipate that they are gonna fall when doing tricks, but electric longboarders should be doing the same. When I ride I always prepare for a fall. I always ride with my knees bent in case I need to bail, and I always anticipate a fall when i ride up a ledge or see a rock on the road.

But seriously, wear a helmet if you want a little extra safety. There is nothing wrong with that. but we don’t need lectures on wearing helmets to ride street legal electric boards. 20 mph isnt that fast. We know we should be wearing one, but we will probably be fine. Everyone needs to stop getting so triggered.