DIY 6S to 12S BMS with CAN - DieBieMS

Is it a safety shutoff if you’re on an esk8, and it gets a brownout… now you cant brake anymore :open_mouth: Shouldn’t it be possible to choose the corresponding safety state of the switch ?

@JTAG First time I see this thread but what you did so far is amazing man, keep up the good stuff! When they’re available for sale I’ll get one for sure :slight_smile:

I got scared and a little bit more cautious due to the recent BB battery fires xD. I is a watchdog controlled safety, so no direct (cell based) voltage switching happening.

Awesome, just got a littel worried, as burning batteries is better than dead skater :wink:

1 Like

ordered a bms, got lost in the mail, got refunded, now I see this. I would like to purchase, How much and when?

I just read this whole thread. Super amazed and intrigued.

Nice work!!!

1 Like

Looks awesome! How close are you to testing the newest board? Any Idea when you may be ready to sell a few for testing?

The new PCB’s just arrived! I have lots of people to answer, please be patient I am quite busy te lasts weeks :sweat:.

Some pictures for amusement:

14 Likes

That looks really clean!

Happy Holidays/Christmas!

Is there an admin around? Why cant I update/edit my opening post?

1 Like

when the topic gets too old you can’t change it anymore.

@JTAG What do you need help for? :smiley:

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to update the link to the schematic in the OP, I now fixed it on Github, so no need for an update anymore.

(not towards you but): I still find it undesired that I cant update posts from the past since I might change specifications a little or would like to make some things clearer. It seams that I have to live with it :stuck_out_tongue:.

I believe its because people already read that before and it’s “kind of unfair” if they read and you change it without the past reader knowing the content has changed. Discourse its a partial blog, so its also weird if you have a past and then you changed that. Than all of the comments / discussions underneath it becomes irrelevant. I dont know how best explained it, but I think you understand what I meant.

it would make sense to refer from in the first post to the postnumber with the updated spec/news. or place a link to the post

Your BMS is on my shopping list.

Will order one, once it is in production and out of beta.

@JTAG Are you taking pre-orders ? :slight_smile:

Update on current status? On hold or ?

yeh, post some more info! @JTAG

And also update the topic’s name, please, if it is still possible… The topic was here all the time but only now I managed to read it after @tomtom13 stirred up the situation :smiley:

Though… im sure you will create a new topic maybe… once you get to the ‘distribution’ part for these bms’s…

Do you have an estimate how much they might cost per unit?

Just, anybody don’t take my crapy topic as a means of diverting you from @jtag BMS. It has a lot of stuff that I would be looking for in BMS (looks like it has a distribution unit - some people call it soft switch). So it’s a lot better than my crack pipe dream of bms with esp :slight_smile: