DIY Build Video

That’s click bait!!! You are promoting this? :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I‘m through the first 2minutes and I miss the loctite…:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

we need @b264 to train this kid :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s velcro, that’s a plus.

Overall i think the build is good, just some extra measures needed to be made to secure the guts in the enclosure, as well as covering up the phase wire connectors to prevent shorting etc.

I believe he is on the forum. So if you see this, take in my lil advice and do even better in the next build!

@topcloud

I want my 10 minutes back.

7 Likes

Is he actually your brother?

Is he alright?

1 Like

He didn’t clean his workbench before starting !!! Burn the witch :wink:

4 Likes

There is velcro. Me myself would have put some more… on all my builds my battery is also attached with velcro. never been any issue. And drilling thru the deck, whats wrong with that? Its preference, some use inserts and some use this method.

Loctite is missing but i think he will find out that its useful for this application. :wink:

I have seen worse… a lot worse :smile:

1 Like

Wow, one more accident because of losen motors? I didn’t heard about this one. He is alright?

No, but he keeps asking and is also Hispanic so it’s all good.

He’s fine, sprained ankle on FB BAESK8. This was literally crash weekend, I have 5 friends (five) who fell here and in Dallas, so weird

thanks for asking

2 Likes

this was my main point, there is metal shavings all over that workbench.

2 Likes

Is he wearing jeans? I mean wtf… at least use some workshop pants… what a noob. :joy:

1 Like

at 3:19 he is beating on the end of the motor shaft with a hammer to get the pulley on. I believe this may screw the bearings?

1 Like

the main flaw is failure to use loctite

by drilling through the deck and placing the bolts on the bottom of the enclosure, we all know what will happen after vibration takes over - bolts shake loose.

I have bought two boards right here from forum members who followed no-loctite builds and injured themselves within their first few days of esk8

one, a TB enclosure came loose (guy used two Velcro strips on a 12S4P TB battery, and it fell and broke the TB enclosure) and the other lost a motor

this is public knowledge from the sellers’ own posts, here (I would never disclose otherwise).

1 Like

I rode my board more than one year without any Loctite and nothing ever moves, nothing ! But this way, you have to check very often if everything is still in place.

Lucky you! Others didn’t have had so much luck. A broken helmet and to wake up in the emergency is not worth to save on loctite.

1 Like

Never said it was a good thing, just trying to say that if you do not use Loctite, you have to check very often all scews of the board.

2 Likes

:+1: That’s not a bad thing even if you use loctite :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There’s literally nothing wrong with using through bolts like he did, and he used lock nuts.

3 Likes