DiY Cherry Stick | Trampa Infinity Trucks | 8" Slickline Wheels | Ollin VESCs | Dual SK3 6374 149 KV | Scramboard Motor Mounts and Pulleys

Beautiful job! Love the whole build. I do agree that this deck deserves some equally beautiful wood boxes to continue the wood theme though. Maybe some custom finger jointed boxes, or something like that, since you obviously possess the skills and equipment. And maybe wrap the motors in some wood veneer, if you wanted to get ridiculous.

Hi. Thanks for comment. It does not have much flex. You can get it to spring up a little if you want to make yourself light going over bumps, cracks… The yellow boxes might get changed to something more custom later when I get this vacuum forming machine. Could create a custom VESC enclosure as well. Lots of possibilities there. Slim batteries on bottom would be nice too, leaving topside nice and clean. I can see myself going down the rabbit hole on this one, ha ha.

1 Like

Thanks man. Coming from you this means a lot! Couldn’t have gotten it running without this forum, so thanks for setting it up and hosting it. Been really enjoying your VLOG and watching the evolution and growth of your business. Running a small business and trying to grow it is no joke! I really like your marketing approach which I think is one of the most important factors in the success of a small business. (Had some (limited) experience with that.)

The verdict is in: The yellow boxes are not getting much love. ha ha. Off to the vacuum former when it arrives.

1 Like

Okay, finally got a GoPro on a stick. Just a quick video from a spin up and down the block. The more I ride it, the more I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwhWyyPCI84

4 Likes

Hi. Board has been running great for most part but am getting an oscillation in right wheel as I speed up. I think it has to do with one motor becoming weaker than the other at lower rpms. Left motor is easier to stop by hand when at lower rpms. At higher rpms, seems to be fine. Right motor is hard to stop by hand at any rpm. The video below shows this. VESCs have not been changed since initial setup. They both have exact same settings. Any ideas? Do you think it’s a motor issue or VESC issue? Or something else. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/k2Z31dxptdg

3 Likes

Did you get the chance to measure the energy use for this nice ‘‘beast’’ ? :slight_smile:

You said you partly chose ‘‘city wheels’’ for this use… has it payed off? :slight_smile:

I’ve measured the energy consumption but haven’t hooked it up to a watt meter to see what it’s drawing. With 10 Ah, 10S, I’m getting about 14 kilometers. I have the LVC on the VESC set at 3.2 volts/cell. I carry a couple spare batteries which doubles my range. I like the Innova inline tires since I believe they have lower rolling resistance than other knobby tires. I haven’t inflated them as much as I can though. Haven’t compared them to other tires on this board, but for city riding, they work great. Riding on pneumatics is so nice. Gives you better feel of the board as it’s not vibrating so much under your feet. This is especially useful if you’re not using bindings.

Oh I see… well from figures you gave (36v nominal) x 10 ah = about 360wh maximum, where I should probably take off 5-10%, so 360-(36/18) = 324wh / 342wh. (not sure of actual available battery capacity you got - had the chance to use)

Which would yield around 23.14 h/km - 24.43 Wh

Not sure precisely but it looks to be over 20wh anyways… I assume if you got hills then these do eat up energy + maybe the speed is also higher than 15kph :slight_smile:

Nice riding then, I hope u still get to ride it in between building your fanstastic 2 wheeler board you are planning to make :wink:

Took a while but finally managed to put together a video of rides around town.

6 Likes

hi nice video