DIY Electric Ripstick Motor Mount!

Wooden prototype for electric Ripsik motor mount with idler pulleys for 4250 350Kv motor! I’ll cut it out of aluminum this weekend if I have time.

I am also going to be making top mount vac formed enclosures with a snap-on lid and machine a press for wheel pulley out of acetal.

A ripstik is probably the cheapest thing you can electrify. $55 for a ripstik is cheaper than any decent combo of a deck, wheels and trucks. I will sell the motor mounts, enclosures and wheel pulleys as well as post all my CAD files. image image image

11 Likes

Could this mount be used to make a diy e-freeboard ?

4 Likes

damn u got videos of it in action?

1 Like

I’m sure it can! Just find a way to mount ripstik casters at the right height underneath a longboard.

1 Like

This is just the prototype. I did not attach a motor to it. I just cut the mount plates in wood so I could make sure everything was the right size. I have a few small tweaks to make before I cut it out of aluminum.

1 Like

Yes, the most difficult part of an e-freeboard is probably the electrical transmission (because the wheel turns a lot while the phase wires are limited in movement)

4 Likes

@Bor.inc got it right. That was my concern about making my own e-freebord. The wires would wrap around as u turn and the u eat it and possibly destroy the motors or wheel mount. Any solutions with a diagram would be useful and lovely. I cant wait to see it comeout tho. Awesome job

2 Likes

I will be drilling holes through the top of the deck to route the wires so they won’t get tangled in the extra slack. I’ll take pics and let you know how it works in the upcoming weeks.

2 Likes

Deffinitly intrested in this, I love dicking around on ripsticks. I wonder if this would work on a rip surf

It should!

with these having the caster wheel behind the caster pivot point when moving won’t powering it make the wheel unstable and want to end up in front of the caster pivot point? Maybe it’s a different pivot center for the caster wheel on freeboard and it’s ilk

1 Like

Idk for sure, guess I’ll find out! Someone else has done this though and it seemed to work. They used a 3D printed mount though so I’m sure it lasted about 20 minutes.

3 Likes

3 Likes