DIY Enertion Raptor | Ollin VESC | Longhairedboy tune/polish

Did you use a pulley with more teeth since you went from 83mm to 97 mm wheels?

I didnā€™t. Plenty of torque left

Iā€™m on chakas 50mm motors and went to 97 from 83. works great for me on the same gearing.

NICE RIDE!.. did you cut the front wheels to make them skinny or is it an optical illusion?

Thanks. And thank you for the sweet parts. They are indeed cut, but only because they came from another project. I cut them to fit as drive wheels on a boosted board awhile back.

That looks sweet dude! Iā€™m thinking about getting one of those 97mm. Any chance of wheel bite?

No wheel bite, but I have some meaty risers.

The stock risers from Enertion? Or another brand?

I canā€™t remember where they came from.

1 Like

Those are the Enertionā€™s stock riser. Thanks dude! Iā€™m going to buy the 97mm wheel. Hopefully they have it in stock. :relaxed:

If you find any 97mm 75a let me know. I want them for raptor and my next lhb carvon buildā€¦canā€™t find any!!

You donā€™t need them tbh, itā€™s probably better that you get the 78a because they are more durable. Might just be the size compensating for the duro but I have 83mm 75a fly wheels and 97mm 78a wheels, the difference is just not prominent enough for me to tell the differenceā€¦all flywheels feel awesome imo, I have 83, 90, 97. Being genuine abecs makes all the difference

Also, canā€™t emphasize enough how important it is to double check solder joints, heatshrink everything and then reinforce with hot glue. I had a month of intermittent, wacky controller behavior and it was from a bum lead from the receiver.

That month sucked so bad that I contemplated selling the board and giving up on DIY.

I pull the trigger on the 78a from Miurskate. Spoke to my co-worker and apparently its really hard to find anything aside 78a and it wont make that much of a diff going up or down since this board will be use in the city without much hills :neutral_face:

Whatever the case, Iā€™m going to use this as a set of test wheels.

Edit: One thing to watch out for as my co-worker warned, Flywheels are not as grippy. Theyā€™re fast because the wheels are smooth. I took it to mean that its not as much traction as stock. Is that true? @Mr_Mahal @Arzamenable @Jinra

Theyā€™re only a little less grippy due to their thinner contact patch. Iā€™m a huge fan of the Evolve GT wheels due to being 76A with a 54mm contact patch, never slips! Iā€™ve had my GT with 97mm legit flywheels and I ate it during a turn on rough roads.

You wonā€™t slip in normal circumstances though, just be careful turning when asphalt is not so good. If there was an Evolve GT style wheel in 90-97mm Iā€™d jump all over that.

Took these bad boys for a ride on my Raptor today. Love it. They love to slide though, especially on turns just like @Jinra said. Really looking forward to using them again.

1 Like