DIY Trampa build / Trampa MTB / 12s1p (4 x 3s) / Dual 170kv / Dual FocBox /

Sorry but do you mean go bigger than 6384 motors or battery?

1 Like

yeah bigger motors as the Trampa trucks are all considerably wider than standard longboard trucks. as for the battery yeah you can scale way up as well. probably better to top mount as this is an mtb build

Sk8 is the sensored alternative. Supposedly it has almost the same internals as the SK3.

Would not go unsensored in the city.

1 Like

You can always buy a sensor kit and install it by your own. Think even hobbyking has one listed.

1 Like

Im not too sure on adding a sensor to motors, any thoughts other than HK sk8’s? for a mtb with 6.5" slicks @Wraith @telnoi

Don’t think you’d really need to run sensor-ed as you won’t be starting on an even surface mostly. APS is what I usually see on atb builds and my first build isn’t full atb so I can’t give a good recommendation on other motor options for that use. Ideally sealed and then go big to handle the heat is my 2 cents

1 Like

Thanks, i’ll have a bit more of a look into sensorless mtb build and if i dont like it i guess i could put sensors on them.

https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/moteur-skateboard-electrique-6374/

For example and they both sealed, but EU so don’t know about shipping

2 Likes

Unik parts are well made so they should serve you well. I recall seeing even a sub 170kv motor for massive torque to get you over steeper terrain

I think both similar just with different kV. I have the eskating.eu motors and they work flawlessly till now. Manly I used them for flat roads. For off-road or hill climps I would go below 170kV to have a better torque

1 Like

Thanks, i have heard of Unik but never looked at their stuff that motor looks good. For 170 sensored is hard to find

1 Like

I think it would be good to factor in gearing as well. Not sure of the sweet spot for gearing and kv for atbs though but generally 170kv and below is the idea I think

Yeah in that case the 150kv @Andy87 mentioned might work best https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/moteur-skateboard-electrique-6374/

2 Likes

Definitely a good choice. And @okp is here in the forum too and owner of unik boards :wink: That´s always good!

I just had some time to look through your part list. Trampa board is nice, the motor mounts not really. The end cap for the motor pulley will only fit if your motor shaft long enough. For mine it didn´t… Get some motor mounts from unik boards or @Idea makes very nice ones too. From both you can also get your pulleys too, and I think it´s even a bit more cheep. (by the way, how you come to 400 dollar just for the motor mounts?) Get a push to start switch from @Martinsp http://electricskateboard.repair/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product Will save you another 20-25 dollar your focbox you can get from unik also…save you the shipping about lipos we where speaking before. you will not get your 20km range with a 5ah battery, so you need to step up on this point. in my opinion, if you have a BMS from Bestech, you don´t need a 130 dollar charger. There are a lot of good 12S chargers for about 50 dollars to find or from unik for 69 Euro. get 10AWG instead of 12AWG. For a MTB with batteries in the middle it will reduce voltage spikes which could fry your focbox. The bigger the better. I use even 8AWG. Don’t forget to buy some JST adapters for your motor sensor wires. The ones on the motor are 1,5mm on the focbox are 2mm. and get some 5.5mm bullet connectors…focbox has only 3.5, your motor 5.5

1 Like

aaand, get a Bluetooth modul…always good to track your rides. Will help you also to adjust the focbox settings later or find faults

2 Likes

That is correct.

hope so! i asked online and was told that they’d only be getting them in the last week of September :frowning:

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: Hope not so late… but we will see…

sick… @hobbyking_ian Screenshot_20180912-224708_Chrome

Awesome info! just having some trouble finding the adapters you mentioned, Is this a thing i have to make or can but them from somewhere? Also is this what you meant for a bt module?

1 Like