Do any of you have esk8 withdrawal?

Everything is in a storage unit, all the boards I had are chared up in a storage unit. I kinda gave you a solution on accident but you deserve it lol

1 Like

:joy: you can take that solution away again. I will not be angry you :wink: hope you get your boards back soon. As min that you can push a bit around the block!

1 Like

Meeee! Last few months had stupid rain constantly. This is SoCal! DaFuk is happening?!? Work was on the slow end so I normally would’ve skated more if it wasn’t for the rain. Then rain finally goes a away and guess what? Work is being a biatch and haven’t slowed down. I might sneak in a 30 minute ride here and there. But nothing too fun.

5 Likes

Dude. Tell me about it! Every day off would be a rainy day or a day where it isn’t really a day off
 Im resorting to short night rides lately. Less speed because its dark but more space because of the lack of cars. Actually heading out for a quick one soon

3 Likes

@Mikenopolis @Bobby I am right there with you! It never fails, the week starts nice and sunny, I plan a Friday ride with some friends. Then comes the Wednesday forecast: “yeah, it’s going to pour starting tomorrow evening and all through the weekend.” Every. Single. Time.

2 Likes

Yes; that’s one of many reasons I sold the car and esk8 everywhere I go

1 Like

What a great night ride!!! Carving in the middle of the street. Some randos tried stopping me to ask questions about the board but aint got no time for that
 gotta skate. So is 8wh/mile good? Btw, Im very happy I do a nerdy ass checklist before I ride. Found a loose wheel nut from when I cleaned my bearings. So far converting from hub motors to belt drive has been worth the headaches

4 Likes

Most definetly!! Shorted my BMS somehow which caused a couple battery cells to explode or the other way around and just bought a car so don’t have the money or equipment to repair the battery and replace BMSđŸ˜« I would much rather be sk8ing than driving!

1 Like

Rain, rain, rain. It sucks, when I was riding the Landwheel home from school, out of nowhere it started to rain. Next thing you know it I’m sliding down a hill on my side. Do not ride in the rain!

4 months now. Its awful. :unamused:

2 Likes

@Mikenopolis I feel you bro. That rain sucked that’s why I water proofed my board and did a 17 Mile run in the rain here in socal HD that week. Now I have her all torn up for a 4x4 rebuild. It’s been 1week since I’ve road and yes @KaramQ my withdrawals are hardcore. Like a nicotine or heroin addict trying to quit. I had my wife drive the golf cart the other day while I stood on the back just so I can get a thrill. Tried to use my my easy up tarp to fly away in the wind. Just trying to keep my adrenaline up!!! Haha

2 Likes

I totally agree. They advertised hubs as having no or less maintenance. But at least belt it’s easily fixable or just replace parts.

Damn it Brian. I’m pretty sure you are the only one here that’s fully converted to only esk8. When I ride a nearby bike trail I started looking at the homes next to the trail. Really want to move to a house right next to the trail for easy access. That trail almost gets me to the office

5 Likes

Soon it will be difficult to ride here in Miami the summer rains suck they happen every day in the south

2 Likes

This is a really, really silly thing to say. It rains outside. Sometimes you’ll have to ride in the rain. If your skate can’t handle it, it’s defective or not built right. Can’t just not go to work/school/grocer today because it started raining. :man_facepalming:

ME! i’m in europe now for a study abroad and i couldn’t bring my esk8 with me. Haven’t ridden in forever and i yearn to hear the sound of a motor whirring along

1 Like

With slick urethane

1 Like

I think you need to stop talking like that. People should skate to their ability; riding in wet weather can be very dangerous. If you believe that you don’t feel safe then you stop and find another way to your destination. End of story.

5 Likes

@Friskies It’s just like in car when it snows. You go really slow. End of story.

If your running a water resistant, pneumatic build, you can, I’ve fell numerous times in the rain because of my wheels slipping. Not only that, one drop of water in a battery will cause a short at any time

1 Like

Its literally not but its not worth arguing with you. Electric skateboarding is dangerous and you should not be so blase about people taking unnecessary risk. Just because you are okay with it, it does not make it okay for others.

2 Likes