Do I have a dead cell?

5 cell battery 8500mah

Thanks.

I have 20c

20 discharge or charge? the charge isnt as obvious on the package and maybe you’d have to look it up

Yea that’s a high mah for a 5cell so it maybe 5s2p which would mean your cell could be 4250mah each so to be safe if unsure would say charge at 4.2amp balance charge.

Why not under 3.15A for his set up? I’m under the impression that slower is always better when balance charging. I’m waiting for new Lipos today so I don’t want to screw up this set as well! They’ll be 3A capacity each. Thanks for the help!

i meant 3.15 volts being the max voltage. it’s a good number for longevity and still getting like 95 percent of the energy in the battery

3a isnt a capacity. is that the charging ability or charging capacity possible? maybe just words are in our way and you mean you can charge at 3a

Okay I’ve bout it back charging at 4.2v I’ll update soon

I’m on the same page as you now. I thought you were telling him to charge at 3.5A+, but I get it now.

Okay so now the highest cell is at 4.20 and the lowest is at 4.12.

The charger is now only putting in 0.01-0.02a in the battery. Is this normal?

It stays at 0.0A for a while the goes up 0.01 then back down

It says it at 97% fuel and is at 20.80V. Max limit 21.00V

Yea that’s normal it may take a little while to bump it up to 4.2v but what I did with mine when it was low was to take the balance lead and find the + and - for the low cell and charge it as a single cell that way it puts more amps until it’s 4.2v then put back together and all should be good.

1 Like

Okay thank you, I don’t think I have a dead cell as it is now staying at 4.2 and the others are slowly going up. Should I bump the amp going in or leave it at 4.2?

To be safe keep at 4.2amp but if you want to discharge that high cell to match the others then no the balance leads can only handle like 1.5 amp max

1 Like