Do you guys like riding in traffic?

I exclusively ride in traffic, unless there’s a bike trail/lane. My priority is…

bike trail > bike lane > road > sidewalk

Pretty much never on sidewalk though.

Mm used to do this on a motorcycle, until one of those cars decided to chase me through the neighborhood. High speed night chase through residential neighborhoods is a bit outside my comfort zone.

So yeah I don’t provoke the cages anymore. :slight_smile:

Ahaha, passes my work 30 seconds into first video. I get you, it’s like art flowing through. I feel like the more I do it the better I can flow, but there’s a point of reasonable risk (which seems to be a moving thing!). As I catalog more and more situations in my brain, I think I can feel out when the consequence of a mistake would be acceptable or not. Feels great sliding through, but mostly I force myself to be cautious.

Thanks for posting, great vid.

all this talk of people riding in LA, i nearly got run over three times in one ride through downtown, be careful out there. having said that, i don’t ever drive into downtown anymore unless i have to go with my gf for something.

Titoxd10001 and i hit up the river path and between the zoo and dodger stadium and it’s legit, about 10 miles. seeing people fly fishing in the LA river is a trip.

and then the roads going through elisian park - dodger stadium is a lot of fun, guessing about 15% grade with nice turns.

and in december another ciclavia is coming up, this time wilshire from downtown to koreantown.

1 Like

I love to ride in the street with traffic, but after couple of incidents of people suddenly opening fully their car doors on traffic lights I’m more careful.

I’ve been commuting to work everyday since I start riding eboards, it’s 6 miles each way, I even come back home for lunch, the ride is always ALWAYS fun!

6 Likes

Good point, except I’m in an urban area on an esk8. I can go anywhere. No car can chase me. There are roads blocked-off everywhere with big flower pots and I can drive right through, but cars can’t. And I know all the roads. LoLz. One joy of using esk8

1 Like

One day I hope we will see good youtube video with Police Chase Getaway on esk8 :wink: Something like here: no fucks given …just pure riding fun with cops in the background :wink:

1 Like

This is some calamari race team shit (https://www.reddit.com/r/CalamariRaceTeam/). Hooning is fun, on board, bike, or motorcycle. Riding a moto in traffic in particular is amazing- you’ve got all the manuverability of that guy on a bike, but 200x the power. But I’m with Hummie about keeping it to the streets- if you’re breaking the rules playing with cars and something goes wrong, you get hurt. If you’re on the sidewalk you’re risking other people.