Does anyone else like building garbage boards

I can’t stand spending time on something that I want to be riding/driving. I have zero f@%ks to give when it comes to making things look good… If its cheap quick to get going and does the business and all about it. I’d much rather be riding it than building it. I’d rather make something that suits me than have it look good. I want to see if others share the same way of thinking.

Send forth your ugly build pics and let us know what you like about it.

The caveat for this is that when I am being paid to work on something I definitely strive for excellence. But this fun shed time…who cares?

5 Likes

definitely. this board is basically a bunch of stuff throw together and I really don’t care about destroying it

5 Likes

just remember to be careful with yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

too many injuries lately :thinking:

1 Like

Nobody did it better than @lowGuido. He gave 0 shits and built some fantastic stuff.

3 Likes

the veterano!

I’ve got to say I am the complete opposite of this. If something is not right and I mean a teeny tiny bit wrong I can’t sleep until its fixed. Saying that though I do cut massive corners to prove a concept and have been flying down the road with bits of duct tape and roof rack straps holding things together. The finished product though…

6 Likes

Lol, mine has never been called the most beautiful, but to me it’s a work of art. On the topic of building vs riding though, I truly love building.

My next build might even have an enclosure, but we’ll see how I’m feeling when the time comes

3 Likes

X mechanic here…if my drivers rolling…tread flapping…good enough…lol

A mechanic and his car…But if it’s the other one totally obsessed…:crazy_face:

I do like the rat rod look ….you should start a rat rod esk8 look…

2 Likes

I always have the plan to just through things together… usually I and up building and building… creating and building and waiting for new parts and building… kind a like the process of building thou …

1 Like

can’t like it

3 Likes

Broke my elbow 2 weeks ago on a dodge like this one with the tree trunk. Now I’m banned from my board for a few weeks even though the weather is so great for the time of the year :sob:

Over all some damage on the boards is fine, hell fixing and building is fun by itself, too. But injuring yourself and be basically stuck on the couch sucks.

1 Like

have a good recovery, get up to speed and start again. That’s the only way to progress and failure is often one option. It’s not how hard you fail but how hard you’re back and shred even harder.

2 Likes

At the moment I consider mine a bit thrown together, although not everyone will agree. There’s so much to do battery enclosure and wiring wise to clean it up, but not of utmost importance right now.

image image image image

I still like nice boards, but function over form.

4 Likes

I like building but I really just wanna ride… besides, kinda hard for ppl to admire my board ad i zoom past them :grimacing:

1 Like

Uploading… I’m a mechanic as well have the same she’ll be right attitude.

20181020_225558

2 Likes

20181020_220033 I wouldn’t say they’re unsafe. No more so than anything else. DIY board is never going to snap. And vesc is generic motors are good quality connections done right etc. Sometimes I even check the tyre pressure.

5 Likes

That’s got some :rat: in it. &. sand…dirt…bugs…Air even…lol

Duct tape…rules…lol

That’s the first thread where I feel like my board fits. I used to have a Tupperware “enclosure” and now I am using plywood box screwed to the deck not sure if it’s an upgrade but it works fine. I put it together in a hurry and because it is holding fine without issues so far I have not changed it since. I will probably do a cleaner build for the next one, I have almost everything to make a vacuum formed enclosure, I just haven’t found a large enough oven on the sidewalk yet.

5 Likes