Does anyone make a 30 tooth abec (clone or genuine) wheel pulley?

Trying to up the top speed on my GT with 97mm wheels by changing the gearing up a bit. The motor pulley is 16t. Would be going from 32t to 30t. Any problems with this logic? Ideally would give me 2mph boost while cutting down the range/torque a bit. Could this mess up my ESC? Thanks

Or try the other side of the equation, up the motor pulley like the NYC thread about 20T motor pulleys. Personally have not seen 30T wheel pulley, but doesn’t mean it is not out there!

A couple of leads popped up searching the forum for 30T

Why not increase the size of the motor pulley instead of the wheel pulley? Less work isn’t it?

Increasing the size of the wheel pulley will decrease your top speed (theoretical that is) but increase torque Decreasing the size of the wheel pulley will increase your top speed (theoretical that is) but decrease torque Increasing the size of the motor pulley will increase your top speed (theoretical that is) but decrease torque Decreasing the size of the motor pulley will decrease your top speed (theoretical that is) but increase torque

Please also note this in relation to size not teeth count. If the size of teeth are different, one the belt won’t work, but two you may have twice as many teeth on a pulley that is ultimately the same size. Please be careful of this. However lets say you increased to the 30 tooth pulley which had the same pitch and size as your 20 tooth pulley then yes this would result in a larger pulley.

@michaeld33 @racidon @caustin thanks guys, it probably would be easier to do the motor pulley instead. So the situation is my current max top speed 27mph, on average I usually hit 25mph around max voltage then about 24 after a while.

If I change the motor pulley to a bigger 17 tooth one, I’ll be able to up that by about two mph, which would be sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

So do any of you know where I could get a 17t motor pulley? l I did a search everywhere bit no luck :frowning:

SDP has 17T pulleys with 8mm bore. Might be a good place to look. I don’t have any personal experience with them as they don’t have the pulley I need.

This one is a TB pulley 20T, would ping Dexter there and ask what other 16T+ motor pulleys he can get you.

Thanks @Eboostin, 16 grooves equals 17 teeth right? @caustin if this isn’t it I might have to hit dexter up. But 20t would be a but extreme, that’d have me at more than 30mph lol I’d need to use a 36t wheel pulley or something to even it out

Grooves = teeth, think about a 3T pulley (3G)