Does motor Kv affect braking?

I have dual 140Kv motors right now and found identical motors with the only difference being Kv rating - think Ollin motor 170kv vs 200kv. If I didn’t change any settings in the ESC, would braking performance be affected?

For those wondering, this is for my Carbon GT. I’d like to keep the current ESC for use with the remote and Evolve support said changing motor Kv could affect braking. I’m not worried about torque as its not as important as the strong braking the GT has.

:frowning: Anyone?

I think you should be able to brake just fine… perhaps it wont be as ‘‘intensive’’ if the power / other characterists of the motor are not the same…

Perhaps, just ask @chaka itself, as you plan to get the motors from him / his company… If you can get in touch with him… he might be available to lend you a quick answer…

Im not even sure how braking force is ‘‘calculated’’ / done from the esc perspective…

@Ackmaniac might also be the one to ask this… as he knows how all the settings of vesc influence the behaviour on the road, I think :slight_smile:

1 Like