Does The Location of An Idler Pulley/Bearing Affect The Usable Life of A Belt?

Awesome. That sounds easy enough. Thanks!

Hey @JuniorPotato93 although this is a fairly old thread, I found it incredibly useful. Well done!!

I used an 8mm x15 m6 shoulder-bolt, and a locking flange nut to secure the bearing on the torqueboards v4 motor plate. No more belt-slip, even at full brake!! AAAAND no motor noise from an over-tightened belt!!! Thanks for the great post Edit: had to go up to a 295 belt for clearance

3 Likes

Also looking into adding a pulley…(issues braking without slipping). Is a single bearing like that sufficient? It does not cover the entire width of the belt, thus wondering if that will warp the belt in any way or cause uneven wear. Thinking of a two bearing system with a 3d printed outer hull in between.

So, from my experience, not having the entire width of the belt supported tends to pull it in One Direction or the other. That setup worked for me for a little while, but since that I have switch to A 3 bearing rig. It’s difficult to find the clearance for three bearings on most standard mounts. I had to switch to the torqueboards reverse mount to have enough room.

1 Like

drunk now

If i had a wish, it would be that everyone’s bored was as good as mine! Good night

1 Like