[DONE] ~ Bad Hand | Santa Cruz Screaming Hand | 180mm Rev Kingpin Trucks | DIY 5055 280KV | Chinese Mount | TorqueBoards 120A 6S ESC

is there an easy way to extend the sensor cable? I’ve seen some extension but they are female on both sides.

I believe, I have some RC standard sensor extensions. You’ll have to make sure you connect it properly otherwise you can ruin your ESC.

I sent you a PM.

I figured out that you need a bunch of Male/Female 4mm & 5.5mm Bullet Connectors and XT60 Connectors to put all of this together. I dont know how I missed that :). Anyways, those are on order, should be here Monday.

On the Power Switch issue, would something like this work?

High Current LiPo Battery Switch With Optional T Plug/XT60/EC3 Plug

I have this version of the build complete. Overall, I’m pretty pleased.

There was a lot of the wobble, so I moved the trucks to the kick-tails (thanks @sl33py). On my next board I’ll use a 37-40 inch deck.I used a Plano box for the electronics, just used a Dremel to get rid of all the compartments in the base and the lid.

I should have gone with the 190kv motor, as Dexter suggested. The 280 is mondo fast and the acceleration is a killer.

I’m going to change remotes, the 2.4ghz Nano Remote has very little travel so acceleration and braking takes a lot of finesse. It works good, just not as ‘easy’ to use as I had hoped.

I definitely picked the wrong trucks, next time I’ll go with the Paris and weld the motor mount, or maybe the Caliber II and cut the motor mount to fit. Anything has to be better than what I bought :).

The best advice I can give to new builders is buy at least 10 pairs of 5.5mm & 4mm bullet connectors, you will need to solder adapter cables and maybe even change some existing connectors out to make everything match.

Anyways, props to everyone on this board and Dexter at , great advice from everyone involved.

1 Like

My ESC caught on fire, burned a hole through the deck. So…now I’m waiting on a new deck and a new ESC. I’ll probably do a new build topic as this one will be slightly different (Aluminum Deck, Castle Mamba Monster 2, 6s, etc.).

1 Like

I’m looking into the same esc, do you know what caused the issue?

no clue, i went to the VESC and ts way better.

Bumping an old build just because lol

1 Like