Dont forget Loctite/threadlock

I was taking my board apart to put a new sensored motor on my board. Rode it about 4 times before and didnt use loctite. Already had screws loose everywhere. Wheels, gear drives ugh. 20181214_141130 how i found the screws on my Jenso Drive. Use loctite on everything… also a helpful tip bc loctite runs and stuff. Bought empty nail polisher bottles to control my liquidsXD 20181214_140852

5 Likes

we do :slight_smile:  

6 Likes

I wanted to be that person but I knew someone would beat me to it lol

1 Like

Red can be more trouble than none when it never comes off and strip your stuff. Go blue or green or something. Teflon tape works well but not too well

3 Likes

Lol i know, just incase someone was new to build and was feeling lazy… cough cough… meXD

1 Like

Not only do i use it I also smell it it smells lovely.

3 Likes

Hmm, yeah not bad actually… ive heard cocaine smells good?..lmao, just incase someone is slow…that was a jokeXD if i need to delete just say so:P

seriously you have teflon taped all those tiny screws? :joy: another day another adventure.

Now I know why the windings in your motors are so precise.

1 Like

I haven’t. I have the tape that’s as far as I got. Yea they’re small screws

1 Like

That chloroform smells nice. Ladies love it too

4 Likes

I did the same thing on my jenso drive and damaged my gears on my first build two years ago. Tough lesson learned. Jenso and everyone on here always preaches this info so it makes you feel even more silly. :smiley:

I only ride ONE time to test stuff without Loctite, and stuff is always loose after that one test ride.

1 Like

:wink: Brian

2 Likes

I use this a lot especially on stuff I don’t need to remove. It will release with heat though but it holds really well on bigger screws. It also works well on pulleys in much the same way as 680. Has a filling quality. image

Its liquid thread tape essentially

Permatex Gel threadlocker is great… doesn’t run as much as loc-tite

https://amzn.to/2PEcefo

1 Like

I always use loctite but didnt think about the nail polish bottle.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, damn you autocorrect. There are different types of loctite, right? What kind is good for what parts of the board?

@Skunk you answer this one

1 Like

Purple for anything really tiny… Blue for anything that you want to be able to unscrew with hand tools and a bit of force Red for anything that you want permanent… Requires a lot torque or heat to undue

Green for bearings

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Just ordered some, I assume Amazon is the cheapest source?