Don't worry about it

good call, I pulled a face when I saw that picture…

I never clean my bearings, I just throw them away and get new ones. I time tested mine after watching the video, They are broke in but never cleaned and a little noisy. The one I tested spun for 2 min 40.51 sec

This. My first reaction to the OP was that they could skip the carb cleaner and just use WD-40.

I use WD-40 to clean all kinds of things. It’ll get tar off of anything.

You shouldnt use it to lube your chain but it works amazing wonders if your goal is to clean your chain.

For lube I like Reel Butter bearing lube.

it´s a good allrounder for all types of mechanical stuff but it´s not a good product to use with precision things like bearings. There are much better things like the Red speedcream out there, which tread your bearings just the way they deserve :nail_care: Also don´t spill chemicals in a toilet, you´re drinking that shit later - just a bit filtered :wink:

I really dont understand why the crap storm over WD-40. It may not be the best lubricant, but it is a lubricant.

If you are using $8 bearing, are you gonna by by $12 woth of speed cream? I’m not, I am probably gonna throw em away and put in some more 8$ bearings. Failing that…I am gonna spray my bearings down with WD-40 wait a few minutes, wipe off the outside and re-install them. The spin pretty good, whats the problem???

…and, keep this in mind.

Right out of the box my bearings/wheel rolled for 3 minutes and 13 seconds. No extra cleaning or lubrication. They cam with the trucks and wheels and they are awesome. Cheap set too.

You missed the point entirely in your rush to be a smart ass.

now that is a constructive comment., Nice explanation.

Lol calm down. It was a joke mate