Dorian Wiskow eMTB Build - Trampa HolyPro 17, E-Toxx Belt Drive, Twin SK3 6374s, Twin MAX6 ESCs & 6S 16,000mAh Lipo

No they’re super reliable it’s just that they need breaks other than motor breaks. The motors will just slow them down to a slow jog but they don’t stop. And you can’t put your foot down to stop

@smudgeUK I am not using an Arduino, but that should be possible. I am using a 32bit uprocessor and programming in python

@DWiskow ok thanks for the info. Im not familiar at all with python though at the end of the day, code is code :slight_smile: maybe i’ll look into the arduino project once my current project is complete. Keep us updated with your progress, this sort of thing is really interesting! I can see wheelie control and launch control coming in the not too distant future :wink:

I thought it would be an Arduino as it has a RC servo library already (I did a little research after reading this thread) and there are a few easy ways to read the inputs it seems.

@benjammin there is a lot of torque, a 6:1 reduction and a lot of grip. Its not hard to have the front of the board lift up or just shoot out from under you. Mine does not accelerate, it just changes speed almost instantly. Its quite easy to squeeze the trigger a little too hard or hit a bump and before you know it you are looking at the sky.

@smudgeUK there are a lot of possibilities with something like this. You could even put sensors on the front wheels and have some kind of traction control.

@DWiskow I’m loving your idea. Please keep on developing your little box!

What signal is sent from the receiver to the esc? is it 0-5v?

*Edit - i dont want to hijack your build thread @DWiskow - if you’d prefer us to discuss this elsewhere id be happy to make a new thread

So what brakes are out there for a trampa besides magura? Since holding on to a stop sign seems a little painful… plus that means we would need to wear a jock strap too just in case…

Are there any options for a channel 2 operated disc brake or something? I could see having the wheel on the GT2B or mini remote working the brake for full stops or emergencies, and trigger for throttle control.

Hahah yea true.

From my knowledge Magura brakes are the only ones made for trampa.

ok. thanks…

@DWiskow yeah, sorry to hijack your thread like this. Maybe a good idea would be to start a thread in the electronics sub? This is the problem with great ideas…

@DWiskow Are you still visiting this forum … ?

Could you share some more details on how you made that throttle ramp module?

I think there are a couple of people who would like to find more about it!

2 Likes

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am new to electric mountain boards and I am confused by this statement. This is the first board I have seen with mechanical ‘backup’ brakes. If the ESC break doesn’t really work how is everyone else able to stop? I have heard that the ESC brake can work too well and send people over the front of the board if they are not ready for it…

Did you need some kind of adapter to connect the SK3 6374 motors to them MAX6 ESCs?

Hi there. I am extremely impressed with your build. Is there any way u can send me a parts list with all the parts that you bought and the total price. And where to order them if possible. I am really intressed in building a board like yours. Cheera

All the parts are listed already/post #1. Prices will depend on location, immediate availability (or not…how are we supposed to know in how much of a hurry you are) and if the parts are even available after two years time. This is an old build.

I’d start here though. Good luck.

Thanks mate. Why is the carbon plate so expensive? I fly freestyler fpv drones higest qaulity carbon and whole frame is 100bucks. And thats with a lifetime warranty

Because e-toxx doesn’t mass produce somewhere in Asia :wink: you’ll find esk8 stuff more expensive that drone parts, simply because for some items mass production doesn’t make sense/the market is much smaller.

It’s a simple design though. With a bit of cad knowledge and good measurements you can have something similar cut by someone else.

How about 3d print. Anybody do it that way? Is there a cad design flying around here perhaps. I am planning on running 12s for sure And i saw the turnigy motor for 86bucks at hobbyking. Are these any good. And as for the board. We have a second hand site over here in holland with bits and bobs and i saw fair amount of mountain boards from 75euros to 299. What should i keep am eye on? Can u use any kind of offroad board? Btw thanks for the tips and info dude

What was the totaal cost of the build if i may ask

I cant say for sure, but I would have guessed around $2000