šŸ² Drakaina >> LaCroix (Sender'ized), Moon Gear Drive, 6er's, SR TKP's, 10s6p, dual FocBox, Unik Risers...and the blood of Skatan!

Yeah, the motors are tight but it works. Iā€™ve had to walk that line a few times with 6374s on TKPā€™s.

4 Likes

Beat you on that. But @mmaner liked his name instead. :dragon_face:

Awesome build Mike! Me too I like to see those huge motors more upwards than horizontal. Mount covers will be standard on @moonā€™s mounts which are becoming Esk8 quality build among us.

2 Likes

I may actually change the name, I just need to figure out if I like yours (Drogo) or (@rojitor) Dracarys :slight_smile:

Maybe a poll is call for.

Iā€™m going to be switching out the motor plates/cover for aluminum before long. I may increase the angle then but I donā€™t think it will do any good as the cover section for the wheel gear is circular, and is the pivot point of the axle, so all that would increase is the motor height which is really high now.

2 Likes

Poll time, thinking about changing the name of this build. Iā€™ve had some great suggestions.

• Drogo
  • Dracarys

0 voters

ā€¦jeā€¦jeā€¦ Both are the same name. Drogon is the name queen Daenerys gave his main dragon. But when she speaks the Valerian language, the same name is spoken: Drakarys. Is all the Game of Thrones universe. :yum:

1 Like

I dig it, but Dracarys is also the command to breath fire.

1 Like

Yes, that too. Seems when she rides Drogon (or Drakarys) she uses Valyrian as the command language.

1 Like

Drakarys is very cool thou.

1 Like

You probably donā€™t like the name because you are pronouncing it completely wrong.

which one? I like them all :slight_smile:

Drakaina 10jason

2 Likes

It is pronounced Dr-ah-keh-nah

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a couple of different pronunciationsā€¦

In english (UK/US) its mostly dru-kIna, the further east you go it gets closer to dra-kI-ina. EIther one is cool.

I hadnā€™t noticed the motor gap until now. Does SR make an even longer TKP hanger, or is this the limit? :frowning:

1 Like

The largest Surf Rodz TKP hanger is 177mm, which these are. Thereā€™s plenty of space between the motors though, a whole 2.5mm to be exact :).

1 Like

Well, yeah, but I was dreaming of using the new Maytech 6880 motors just because of the big bearing they use. I donā€™t ever want my motor can to get loose if I can help it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Are the clamps on the edge?

Mike, it is a Greek word.

There are no different pronunciations. There is the correct pronunciation and there are wrong pronunciations.

1 Like

No, they could move out a bit, but these motor mounts (@psychotiller RIPBA) are made so that one of grub screws slots into the grub screw slot on the hanger. It essentially makes it bullet proof and perfectly aligned. I could maybe get a couple of millimeters but I am not sure its worth it.

1 Like

Arenā€™t all words in the english lexicon greek words to some degree? There are different pronunciations even with the same country for some words.

I just donā€™t see the world as strictly black and white, I realize there are rules to language but they are broken more than they are followed and the result is the accepted usage so I guess we just have to disagree on this one, plus I believe the chinese would disagree with you :).