Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

Found your Instagram… beautiful boards.

I really like these in particular.

4 Likes

Flex is nice. Here’s a really nice flex board I’d love to make too. I kinda want to mod my boosted v2 eventually with this deck because everything would interface the same and with the low top speed a bit of flex will be great. With even mild wheel wells this deck would have no wheel bite. This shape will have much more torsional rigidity since the shape is over 10” wide in the middle.

Skunk those are one of the other downhill freeride boards with a kick called the dendron by Chris Anders. This would probably go perfect on the enertion raptor 2 system. It has an identical wheel base. I’d want to bring the wheelbhase in but it can’t be on that design. So I’ll render that maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

Something similar. Looking at your decks there’s so many great options. Hard to pick one that’s for sure. Also really loved this one. 20130528_204555 20130528_204414 20130528_204527 Just maybe a bit of up curve need on the tail

4 Likes

Thank you for reminding me about that 38” dune. Lenticular concave with rocker and a spoon kick. All independently controllable options with hand assembled mold modules.

4 Likes

Flex is terrible for most electric skates because it, along with vibration, attempts to murder batteries.

1 Like

But for the boosted, what better than shortening it up a bit and getting a kick?

1 Like

This thread has me all gooey over an integrated kicker with hubs to attack curbs. Put a couple of grind rails down each side. I’d hit the local skatepark with that bad boy.

5 Likes

For split enclosures flex is somewhat ok depending on how you do the cables going from the battery to the vesc. I have heard that long battery lead to the vesc can cause drop outs. But if you shortened the board to a 20” Or less that could be nice

What’s up? Any updates on how you’d like to do this? Planning a 36inch (ish) kicktail build and the moonshine sidekick is calling my name. Would rather have a deck intended for esk8 tho.

2 Likes

I’ll be the canary in the coal mine on this one. Gonna make myself a board but I’m not entirely sure when I’ll be able to personally afford the set up. Maybe I’ll just start by machining a deck and making the build around it. I really want the batteries to be oriented long ways on the board all parallel with the mild rocker. This way the board can be very thin. I think the first board will not be like this though. If I’m routing a flat section on the bottom instead of a huge channel then the batteries can be sideways.

I’d much rather find a dude who can set up the batteries and all electronics. Maybe I can offer that person a free deck in exchange for that. The case is another part I’d rather not build. I can supply the carbon fiber and resin but I just don’t have time to be the one who does it. Have been talking to adam0311 about doing this and we have plans to do it for the dasher he has ordered with us which just got pressed. I’ll be making cuts very soon on the first dasher.

The capacitors on the ESC should render this relatively moot. You should use bigger wire for longer runs, though.

2 Likes

I’d be keen to make a case/enclosure for one of these but being UK based might not work as well for you?

1 Like

I am working on some sort of deck group buy right now. Maybe you’d be down to build somewhere between 2 and 50 of them?

1 Like

@bigben makes clean enclosures. Just gotta get him a deck.

Hopefully the ball gets rolling on this. Im vert interested but also compulsive impatient and bad with my money lol

2 Likes

Yep I talked to him about it already :grin:

There’s also people in USA that can make enclosures. Maybe split the load

1 Like

Ive mentioned this project to @psychotiller as well. I would reach out to him. He’s a busy guy. But hes definitely capable of building a esk8 and designing a enclosure option for whatever deck you end up deciding on.

1 Like

Maybe an enclosure for a single row of cells – and a different enclosure for two rows of cells

3 Likes

There are a number of balls which are all rolling slowly right now.

2 Likes

Perhaps @sender would step up and make an enclosure for these in the US?

2 Likes