Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

This is possible. You could get most parts delivered in the US and all you need to do is read a lot about esk8s and assemble stuff.

For the decks - what’s stopping you from making a kicktail deck where the bottom of the deck has a milled out section for electronics? I sent you a PM a couple days ago and I linked the jet spur deck made by @whitepony

3 Likes

This… please.

5 Likes

Yeah - I am not an hardcore longboarder like some of you people here.

But as a community you would get a lot information and you should be able to build a great deck with the given info.

You can create polls on this forum btw, so u could create the thread - what’s features make up the ideal commuter deck. And then ask a bunch of questions in the poll, wheel base, concave, length, kictail length etc, material choice…

Although admittedly you might have a large spread of answers because people are so different and esk8 usually means sacrifices… not many people have the opportunity to work with an actual deck maker. Exceptions of course, treenuttee and lhb

And then ride it yourself and have beta tester

2 Likes

Nothing is stopping us. I’d like to let people know that any CNC built mold we use of which the deck can be held to the CNC table (via vacuum hold down fixture) can have anything carved into the bottom of it. I want to get people who want to make orders, and get started.

The coolest thing about Drang is that we’ve built probably a few thousand completely different decks, from the concave geometry to the shape. 1a%20all%20shapes%20neo We have probably 150-200 hand shaping templates, and have maybe 300-350 CAD designed shapes we’ve used at least once on any given mold. CAM00234 CAM00313 CAM00238

These are old pictures, but I’ll try to get crazy about sharing on here. What I think I’d like to do most is get a bunch of people who want to go in on a design together, then build those boards together. Adam0311 makes really nice battery cases, and we’re already working on the next version of his deck which will have bottom routing for lower profile (maybe up to .25" savings) so I’d love to work with him on that, and assembly for the time being.

11 Likes

Is it possible for you to do a integrated deck with top open lid? kinda like HAYA, HyperBeast, Pulse board, Miami electric carbon deck, evolve CGT. IMO that’s the future and ppl would much rather buy an integrated deck than deck + enclosure.

1 Like

Yeah for shizzle. I’m about to assemble a huge vacuum bag which would allow that sort of stuff to be laminated. Check out @drangboardco @drangcustoms and @drangmfglab on insta if you want to see a bunch of different aspects of what we do. I’m proficient in CAD design, and we can cut any molds with which to laminate various components.

3 Likes

Yeah but top open lid kinda causes issues with water ingress.

Id say keep it simple at the start

2 Likes

For me personally, I would like to see something similar to 121c aileron shape with integrated enclosure. With mostly composite materials for weight and looks :money_mouth_face: I just really like those lines :yum:

3 Likes

That looks like the wasteboard on my x-carve. lol

Also, based on the images you posted here, i think i may actually have one of your decks. i bought it on ebay years ago.

3 Likes

Just take my money. Where do I sign up?

2 Likes

@drangboards I would think if you guys did a mountain board style that would be awesome as there are a few companies who do it mainly Trampa and LaCroix. I would love a deck that it a mainboard style but unfinished wood so I could do all the design work on it.

6 Likes

Yes! Good idea

Can we get a virtual shop tour?

As someone who loves these machines and seeing them in action that would be AMAZING!

sweet jesus let this happen

6 Likes

image image image These guys build awesome decks and are great to work with. They can build damn near any kind of deck.

The custom deck they built me is extremely versatile. Super stable at speed, can handle 30+mph, carving is a blast with the concave , a nice wide kick tail so its very agile around the city. Love it. Actually building a couple more for friends.

14 Likes

That deck is damn near exactly what I’m after. Are the designs open for the rest of us to order through drang?

What sort of battery did you get on it?

1 Like

I’m sure Drang can do it for you. The link Jared @drangboards attached earlier has my order sheet specs. I have a 10s3p with plenty of room. 10s4p would fit easily without changing the wheel base (possibly a 12s4p as well) and you could bigger by increasing the wheelbase. I think my wheel base is a only 24.5 lots of room to move it back. It’s a great deck and very comfortable for long rides. I’ve done several 30mile days on it.

3 Likes

I’m really excited for this. Iv’e been waiting for a good kicktail deck for awhile now. Something with CNC cutout for batteries/esc would be amazing. This would be perfect my for carvon XL build.

I’ll be following this closely.

2 Likes

I’m super surprised your thread didn’t get more notice than that. Board looks great and that price is really reasonable in my opinion. Nice!

1 Like

As Jared said, I’ve got them working on another deck with the same specs plus a cnc cutout approximately 8mm deep for the battery/esc/receiver. I’m actually thinking about a deeper cutout with cf or fiberglass layer to add strength for a potential double stack battery on future builds.

Feel free to jump on, I’m sure @drangboards would appreciate maximizing their efforts with volume orders.

3 Likes

Id take one of those… @drangboards can others get in on this order?

1 Like