Drop mounting SurfRodz RKP on Hummie's deck

Is that the shorter or longer ones? *nvm ill go look lol

1 Like

longest ones he’s got.

Okay. That’s what i got coming in the mail. Well poo. thanks. Have some decisions to make then…

3 Likes

what problem is this? u need longer motor mount?

@thisguyhere u do know that @marcmt88 makes reverse mounts for SR’s right? i have them and i havent had issues w/ drop mounting the SR’s it hits a little but i run stiff bushings and still turn pretty sharp.

im currently running my 218’s from TB atm tho or i would take pics

1 Like

I just finished a build for Mars. It is a hummie deck with Rkp’s Drop mounted. You just have to put wells in the deck so the hanger clears. They only need to be about 1/2" wide/1/4" deep.

8 Likes

anything longer than quick80 I think will flex? its not a mount issue, its more of a deck + mount issue.

yep, I’m running psychos tho and don’t wanna get more stuff.

and the psycho mount works rear mounted, I just can’t raise it higher without wells.

1 Like

Sick can’t wait to c it

2 Likes

That was my first thought. Gonna have to find some tools to use. To much for my dremel lol

2 Likes

ahh ok… i think i may have forced mine to turn… there is divots in my board xD

1 Like

I would ask @mars to post pics but it would probably come with some cryptic poem that I couldn’t decipher.

4 Likes

Mine don’t flex either and they sit perfectly straight.

1 Like

He hasn’t received it yet. Soon though!!

3 Likes

Just turn until you make the dents and then go get a big round file to make a nice uniform wheel well shape where the dents are.

3 Likes

@thisguyhere

i still can’t envision this problem. the mount flexes?

Cryptic…who me…smashed drunk cryptic…even I struggle to understand…lol Not a total loss though…Can never have to many motors…lol

Will post pictures 10 seconds after arrival :sunglasses:

4 Likes

15409572865125751339597534307154 Thanks for the tip dude. Went well

13 Likes

Looks great!!!

6 Likes

that looks guuuuuuddd…good job

5 Likes

It’s gonna be so low.

4 Likes