Drop Through Deck Clearance Issue

Anyone know where to get risers or maybe another solution for clearance issues using a drop through deck(hummie’s) and Carvon motors?

1 Like

Angled risers mabye?

i have those. I am trying to figure out how to put them right…never done it in a dropthrough

You can’t use risers for drop through. You can route out part the the deck so the baseplate sits into the deck a bit. And or slightly longer Kingpin with thick washers and larger barrel bushings.

that’s what I thought. I wonder how the carvon Exo did it…anyone know?

The hummie deck is thicker than most decks. I had to file out cuts for my hanger mounting drop on surfrodz. d8b9031471835a64c25a8a2a6478893a94890f03_2_1332x1000

Only pic i can find. I took out a bit more.

2 Likes

You would have to cut out the excess width on the end of the deck like @Skunk said. I’d be careful not to do too much. The stock business hey uses allow for a lot of turn in the trucks too which won’t help. I would probably just to mount the drives and be happy with it.

Or do this.

1 Like

Just get 2mm rubber risers for drop-through decks. These are the same I used on my build. Get them in Amazon.

2mm Pro Drop Through Rubber Riser Pads

I used (2) two sets (four individual rubber risers per each set) so I put 8 of them total. 2 on top between each truck plate and the deck (that’s one set of 4 rubber risers for both trucks) and 2 below per truck between the deck and the screwing nuts (that’s the second set of 4 rubber risers for both trucks), this last set is very important because riders don’t realize that on drop-through installations the board and rider weight is supported by the truck’s screwing nuts and not the countersunk bolt head on the mounting plate. The force is applied below not above the deck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2Q1OL0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=4+pieces+2mm+rubber+risers&qid=1551345615&s=gateway&sr=8-1

This will make it rider lower tho, he needs more clearance between the motors and deck, not less

The risers on top are not necessary if he doesn’t need them, but I did mine like that because the rubber risers gave me cushioning, protected the carbon deck from the screws mechanical stress thru the mounting holes and prevented mounting plate scratching above on the drop-through installation, but that method is not a must. So forget about that, it was only in my case and my mounting plate scratching and stressing concern.

He can position all the rubber riser pads he want below, between the deck underbelly and the mounting plate top (thus changing from drop-through to top mount installation) obtaining all the rising he wants. The only limitation will be how long the mounting bolts are.