Drop Through vs Wedged Angles

Okay so I know that the deck being lower to the ground makes it more stable at speed, and wedging/dewedging the trucks also makes it more stable. My understanding is that you can’t wedge a dropped truck, so what route would provide more stability. I ask this as I’m slowly shopping around for a second deck to add to my repertoire

Mounting drop with trucks with built-in split angles

1 Like

Why did I not think of that its so simple :joy: Now to find a retailer for Caliber II baseplates in Aus

1 Like

Just need one.

1 Like

Bloody legend, thank you EDIT: would this baseplate be better on the front or rear?

This may help. Seems problematic though. Feel you with the whole aus thing bro. :roll_eyes: Fyi though. My set up is double drop with 218 and is stable as all fuck. Up to 55 kmh. Bushings are a defo must though. Good quality and the right duro. Kind of a try and see thing. What works for me might not work with your riding style. When the set up is good you can ride out a wobble but if not then it’s change you undies time. I’m still struggling with a fast carving machine. Seems to be one or the other atm.

I think you want the 35 in the back with 50 in the front.

@squishy654 Or https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/split-truck-angles-wtf-are-they-and-why-should-i-care-and-other-stuff-about-trucks/57929

1 Like

I’m currently in the middle of transitioning my build from a DIYeboard kit to a full DIY build, and while I’m doing this I am slowly figuring out what bushings suit me

1 Like

Yeah mate it’s like that and no one can really help because it so very much depends on your style of riding. ![image|666x500](upload://iC0OtfneDEWZ0iowlbDy3oA3LEW.jpeg This thing is my toy build that started life as a Chinese prebuilt piece of turd.

Image not working fam

Having issues with phone uploads. Computer is cactus too fml Feel lost. Fridge works though. Beer time.

2 Likes

Be putting up a reiteration build thread soon so all the pics will be there. Basically all that’s left is the deck but the missus can’t tell the difference :joy:

1 Like

That’s a good place to start for most common eskate wheelbases…I like it myself…

1 Like