This is my latest build. There are still a couple of things to do but its def ridable. I don’t typically do build logs anymore, but I thought this one needed one as it’s the most expensive board I’ve ever built .
Here’s the build sheet, so you can see how much money I spent…
Obligatory build porn…
OK, so now to meat and potatoes… Being a world class dumbass who is nevertheless lucky as an irishman I hit 26mph on it yesterday. No vibration at all, no wobble at all, lush. I was a little worried about the geometry of the cutouts, and still can’t say I understand it, but it at least does NOT hurt the ride quality, I assume it helps.
I still have to replace the enclosure I’m using, it’s not deep enough for the battery pack but it will work temporarily. @psychotiller is sending me one, should be here in a few days I will have to replace the volt meter as well, its too thick so the battery keeps hitting the switch. I think I have one that will decrease the space significantly. I’m waiting on new belts, I seem to have misplaced my HTD5M 15x340mm belts, so more are on the way. Currently I’m running 9mm belts as they were here, kinda worried about shredding them though. I thought I might have an issue with the amount of teeth making contact since the pulleys are so close, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem, no slippage at all. Lastly, I need to add a bluetooth module, the one I put in there is not working but its been in 3 or 4 boards so I guess i finally nerf’d it. No worries though, I’ve got a couple more. I did not include heat shrink, wire connectors as I already had them, prolly another $20 or so.
I’ll post some more pics when I get the board completed and get some more ride time.
*EDIT: 11/08/17 added pic of updated build sheet and edited link