Dropped Glorrrrrrryyyyyyyy

the evo deck is one of the stiffest decks out there. its also one of the thickest. hence why its generally considered one of the best for downhill longboarding. (that and the fact that it turns biased on the front truck)

Thanks for the info!

for sure! I personally love the deck and will be going that route if I ever change out my current deck.

I’m just contemplating how flexy to go with pneumatic tyres cos the streets of my city are seriously horrible unless I ride in parks on the city centre.

You shouldn’t need any flex in your board if you’re going pneumatics.

It’s not flexxy really. I’m not a little guy and it flexes less than 1/8in with me in the middle of the deck. That being said, running wheels that will compress like nummies or these airless wheels flex is not important. The wheels some up the vibration and rough surfaces.

I’ve heard more than one person say that and it’s just not true. There’s is more turn in the front than is normal but there’s plenty in the back too.

I can turn in a shorter curve with this build than with my spud 29. Sir if that may be due to the trucks, I couldn’t say as I’ve only run the surfrodz on this deck, but it turns like a beast.

IMO, its all relative. The evo deck, in comparison to other regular decks out there, steers more from the front than the rear, and that is just due to the way the angles align. You can probably influence it to steer more from the back by running looser setups, or by running softer/coned bushings, or just getting closer to the bushing blowout point…

Most of the opinions about this deck are going to be derived from down hill riders’ feedback. They run totally different setup than most of us and I think in their case, its more noticeable in the way it handles.

I can dig that. I just don’t want people thinking it rides badly because all of the stead is in the front. There’s more in the front than in the back but it’s still very stearable.

It might be a weird looking board but it rides like a muscle car.

Yeah for sure, I’m definitely not trying to say it rides bad, quite the opposite. I honestly love having a bit more front steer bias. I’m running 90A barrel bushings top and bottom on my rear truck and 90A bottom cone, 85A top cone bushings on my front truck. Makes for higher stability in the rear but still very turn-able.

1 Like

I forgot to mention I got rid of the scary as hell 9mm belts and put 15mm belts on. The torque is incredible. I was riding in a parking lot last night that was sandy and was able to drift all over the place :slight_smile:. Busted my ass a couple of times but was tons of fun.

look what you made me do…

Waiting on the same grip tape as my previous deck. Going to be awesome!

1 Like

It’s a nice deck :grinning:

Definitely! Mine isn’t actually a landy evo. Its an Omen Chief that I just reshaped to be a bit less angular and more sleek. It has the same wedge angles, but different lengths and clearances. I actually had to print a 5 degree wedge for the rear to clear my TB motor mounts. So I’m running a 10 degree down wedge on the rear and the full 15 degree wedge on front.

I got the deck from a friend and the board was used heavily in downhill racing around here. It was a bit beat up so I’ve been restoring it, filling holes that have been drilled, redressing the edges, etc. etc.

Super excited to get it cleaned up and built.

1 Like

…an update.

I installed the new enclosure this weekend, its a 19.5" Split Sym by @psychotiller. Badass as always brother.

I used 3/8 weather stipping (Frost King V25BK 3/8" X-Treme Rubber Weatherstrip Tape, Black @ $7.65) to seal the internals from debris. Im sure its not water proof, but probably enough for the ocasional puddle and road gunk.

I opted to install the volt meter in the deck so I could see my voltage anytime. I wanted to install it longways instead of sideways but there just wasn’t enough room, the volt meter is about 3/16in deeper than the deck. It still looks awesome and I can read it easily.

6 Likes

X-Washer(s)/X-Brace(s) added. I’m calling this one done now. I’ve got around 50 miles on it, done a bit of off-roading as well. I’m getting a solid 16 miles of range, but I’m staying in the throttle a lot too. I hit 30mph with no problems, although I usually don’t go faster than 22-24. THis is by far the most fun I’ve had on a board to date. Its a monster, tons of torque and lots of speed…just like my Charger in the pic :slight_smile:.

I may actually do some work on the wheel pulleys, I have them offset from the wheel because I didn’t want to move the motor clamp to the absolute end of the hanger. I have another set of pulleys on order, I may remove the offsets and extend the pulley width.

I’ve thought about adding a latching SPDT LED switch to the top of the deck as well, but not sure yet. If I can ever find any lights that I really like I’ll add some, but to be bright enough they are huge and I don’t like that. Maybe make them removable with a milled bracket? and recessed XT60 connector?

9 Likes

I extended the wheel pulleys by putting another module in the middle, waiting on longer pulleys and wider belts. I moved the power switch to to the top of the deck using a 16mm SPDT LED switch with the @Namasaki method (+5v & Ground from the secondary VESC’s receiver connection).

10 Likes

That’s damn sharp!

1 Like

Thank you sir, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. Just need my 25mm long motor pulleys and I’ll be done.

Im very interested in the efficiency of your board with these wheels. Im hopimg they are somewhere between urathane and pneumatics just like they are in ride comfort per your review.

1 Like