DRV8302 replacement questions

So, like many other people, I managed to pop my DRV8302 IC. Could someone that has replaced this before point me towards a source that will have them at a good price and be the quickest shipping to Seattle? Also if you have any tips or advice for doing surface mounted solder that is much appreciated. I have access to hot air SMD stations as well as pick and place stations and reflow ovens.

I can change it out for you but you seem like you in a big hurry, can’t guarantee a 1 week turnaround like you asked. Mouser is a good place to start if you want to try this yourself: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/DRV8302DCA/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtKB4wrjsn3lXloPDKF9GrQJFcFmN18N5k%3d Without any fault codes you will just be throwing money in the wind though. Can you still connect to the bldc-tool? Did you revert back to 2.15 from 2.16 firmware?

I’m not really in a huge hurry, I just wanted to be able to use the eboard for transport this semester. As long as it’s not a massively long wait that would work. However, as far as I can tell it’s just the DRV that has broken based on the hole in it. Do you think something else may have been damaged?

Sure, send it in. I’ll take a look at it and see If I can fix it. Take some photos of it and your connections. We need to find out what happened before you attempt to power everything up again.

Send the VESC to:

Ollin Board Company PO Box 3391 Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 USA

I currently have 6mm bullets one every wire. Do you want me to leave them on or remove them for you?

Also how would you recommend packing the VESC? I was thinking wrapped in bubble wrap and in a small flat rate box. Should I wrap it in plastic to avoid moisture?

Paper would be better if you don’t have the anti-static bubble wrap it came with. Leave all the connectors, even if I switch it out with a fresh VESC I’ll use the wires it came with.

Okay. I still have a bunch of left over anti-static bags from PC components.