Dual 6374 on 15mm Belts?

Ok, so I’ve done a few hours of scrolling on this forum about if you can fit dual 6374 motors with 15mm belts on a TB 218mm truck. Some people said that dual 6374 only works with up to 12mm while some other people say that 15mm belts are fine. Do factors like the motor mount matter into the spacing? I just want a difinative answer because I already have a 15mm drivetrain on my current board with 6374 and want to know if I can just buy another motor, same drivetrain, and the TB 218mm trucks and I’m good. Note: I have the EskatingEU carbon fiber motor mount if that helps.

I was just going to make topic with same question! Also would be nice to know if there are options for 15mm dual 6374 with surf rodz-trucks.

Maybe this topic could include list of compatible sets for dual 15mm 6373

1 Like

I commissioned @scepterr , before his Illment (get better bro) , to make me a belt drive using his 6374 Dark Motors.

Le specs are:

Dual 6374 30 : 15 Ratio 83 mm wheels 15mm Belts I think

1 Like

I have TB218s dual 6374 and 15mm belts and pulleys. Plenty of room.

4 Likes

Any way you can show a picture? :slight_smile:

Picture here. Not a very good one. Sorry.

1 Like

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/2070?u=thisguyhere

dual 6374 by motors, enertion mounts, 14/40t pulleys, 15mm belts

1 Like

You can, in fact. I have some photos here. These fit dual 6374 and dual 5984

1 Like

The Supercarve trucks are even better.

These fit dual true 6374. Not the 5984 that is called the “Turnigy sk3 6374”

1 Like

All of my belts are 15 mm. The motors have nothing to do with belts. Length of the trucks and wheels are the ones who can affect on the belts. All my builds have plenty of room for 15mm

2 Likes

The motor length and truck length and belt length all do affect one another. You can’t really say the motors have nothing to do with this. If the motors are too long, they won’t fit between the wheels…

3 Likes

I may have explained It unproperly. As long as the trucks fit the motors ( Two 6374 for example) the problem is beyond the mounts. That’s where wide wheels could affect on the belts and not the motors. Makes more sense now?

That’s not true.

(motor1 length + motor2 length + belt1 width + belt2 width + mount1 thickness + mount2 thickness) must be less than the distance between the wheels.

3 Likes

I never has any issues with 15mm

1 Like

I weigh about 300lbs and I have a dual 6374 set up on 12s running 100motor amps and -80 amps for braking and I ride my boards very hard I’ve never had a belt skip even with full brakes on my 12mm set up. 15mm belts are over kill for most.

1 Like

I am running dual 6374 motors with torque board 218mm trucks and 15mm belts.

4 Likes

Same here…

1 Like

Dual 6374 running 15mm belts… 3mm clearance between motors…

4 Likes

I personally want to run to 6374 on 15 mm belt as well. What are some trucks and mounts that I can use with that set up? I prefer ot to be a longboard and not mtb

collections/longboard-trucks/products/torqueboards-218mm-trucks These are the most economical trucks for going dual 6374. Most caliber style mounts will work, they are a little larger in profile than original caliber.

2 Likes